Saturday 6 August 2016

Hair Treatment For An Itchy Scalp

Hair Treatment

Lemon and Olive Oil Hair Mask

Itchy Scalp

Hi guys, 

I have had the worst case of itchy scalp recently. I don’t know if it’s a build-up of using cheaper shampoos but it’s been a major pain in the arse. As you know, I used to work in a hairdressers in my younger years so we got to try out the new Aveda merchandise when we got a shipment in so we could sell it onto our clients. I liked having the option of using more expensive products but I felt the cheaper varieties, especially conditoners, worked just as well. 

Ever since my hairdressing days, I have used a conditioner twice per week, left it on my damp hair overnight and rinsed out in the morning. It’s always breathed new life into my hair and made it feel fantastic. But now I feel as though there is a slight build up in my hair, I don’t know how right enough as I don’t use dry shampoo that often, I never put mousse in it unless it’s a night out and I hardly ever spray hairspray. The only thing I do is put some KMS Quick Drying Spray (£14) at the ends of my hair before blow drying. But as I say, it felt as though it needed a good scrub. 

If you have had an itchy scalp before then you share my pain. I wanted to find something that would help me out but wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg but the only products that seemed to be up to the job were the Lush Big Sea Salt Shampoo (£6.75 to £21.50) and Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt (£39) but I was horrified at the price of these products and knew I would never buy them so I decided to make my own. I know what you’re thinking, I happily spend stupid money on makeup but I won’t spend it on haircare? Your damn right! 

I really wanted something to scrub at my scalp and calm the itching down (I swear I don’t have lice!) so I decided to emulate the sea salt scrub by adding 2 tablespoons of each of the following: pink salt, lemon juice, coconut shampoo and olive oil until it made a coarse paste. If your salt is on the rather large size, just smash it up using the back of a spoon or in a pestle and mortar until it has crumbled to a better size. I then starting rubbing onto my dry scalp by lightly massaging in, I done this for a good ten minutes and until all of the paste was used up. I tied my hair up and left this for a couple of minute while my shower began to warm up. I washed off under the hot shower and carried on with my normal hair care routine.

I can’t believe I am about to say it, but my head instantly felt better. There was no itching at all. My hair also felt as though I had put in a texturizing spray which was incredible as it styled better when I curled it with my straighteners and felt a little coarser without using any product. 


I would highly recommend using this scrub as it worked wonders for me. The itching subsided, my hair styled better and my hair actually felt nicer. Give it a go if you suffer from an itchy scalp or if you have a build-up in your hair as it will really help you out.

This is going to be my last post until after the 20th as I am away on holiday. I hope you have enjoyed and if you have any other hair treatments for me, leave me a comment below.


Have you checked out my latest featuring My Five Tips For Bloggers?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Wow this sounds genius and totally makes sense as the scalp is skin too and we scrub our skin :) xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was the same as you and forgot that it needs a good scrub every now and again which this treatment done well :) xx

      Delete
  2. Have you tried Node K shampoo and treatment from Bioderma? They have salicylic and glycolic acid that exfoliate the scalp and eliminate the dandruff. The treatment is especially good at getting rid of the most stubborn flakes and nasty residue left behind by hair treatments or styling products. Syoss platinum control also does a good job, more so if I ad few drops of tea tree oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of Node K, but will give it a go if it really works. I just liked this treatment as I always have these ingredients in my house and it was so easy to prepare xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig