Friday 25 April 2014

DIY Beauty | Coffee and Chocolate Facemask




Homemade Coffee and Chocolate Facemask
Source


Well seen as my final exams are in 3 weeks, I decided to spend yesterday pampering myself instead of studying.  I know this doesn’t sound like a very sensible thing to do but I really needed to get my head out of the books and give myself some love and attention before I went mad!

I started off with a lovely relaxing bath with a lot of bubbles and a lot of candles which were cranberry scented, they were divine. I then poured myself a lovely glass of red wine and grabbed my copy of The Missing by Chris Mooney before settling into my bath.

Once I finished my bath, which was amazing by the way, I then decided to make up a little homemade face mask and apply it to my skin. As I was in the bath, I got a bit of a steam facial due to the hot water so it was a shame to let all that good work go to waste so whacking on a face mask was the next logical step in my pamper day.
Coffee and Chocolate Facemask
Source
I like to make my own face masks sometimes using whatever I have in the fridge and cupboard so today I decided on a coffee and chocolate mask to help my skin out. The ingredients I used are as follows:
  •     2 tbsp coffee granules
  •     2 tbsp pure cocoa powder
  •     2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin or cold pressed if possible)
  •     1 tbsp honey (manuka or lavender is best)

Benefits
Coffee – Reduces inflammation and redness, and the appearance of under eye circles. Used as an exfoliator it removes dead skin and wakes up a tired complexion.
Cocoa Powder – This is a good source of antioxidants. It repairs damage due to environmental pollutants and free radicals. Great for fighting acne.
Olive Oil - Rich in antioxidants and provides intense moisturise.
Honey – Honey has antibacterial properties, which helps in fighting acne and pimples. Honey reduces infection and is very effective home remedy to treat acne. It also soak ups impurities from the pores of the skin, leaving your skin clear and clean. It is a very effective moisturiser for skin. It retains moisture making your skin radiant, soft and supple.
Facemask
Source

Method:
Add ground coffee to a small container and crush some of the coffee granules with the back of a spoon to give it a smoother finish. Don’t worry if there are lumps left in the coffee, you want a mixture of granules and powder so that it isn’t too harsh for the skin. Add in the olive oil, honey and cocoa powder and mix until it resembles a paste. if you require more liquid, add in a little more oil to get it to the correct consistency. Don’t add too much oil as this will cause it to run down your face and neck. Once the mixture is made, layer it on your face with a makeup brush that you aren’t using and leave for 15 minutes. When removing, work in circular motions to exfoliate the skin and wash off with lukewarm water.

As soon as I removed my facemask I went ahead and put on my serums and moisturisers just to finish off the job. I really did enjoy myself yesterday and today, my skin feels and looks amazing. It looks hydrated and feels super soft.

Have a go, let me know what you think of this mask.

*Photos do not belong to me. Please click source to be taken to original content.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig