Friday 2 May 2014

Exam Stress

Exam Stress


Hello Lovelies,

I know the exam season is upon us and it can be very stressful, Jeez the mere thought can make even the most confident of folk become unbelievably nervous at the thought of sitting in an exam hall with nothing but your classmates, an adjudicator and the sound of a ticking clock but if you just push the panic away (I know, easier said than done) then you will be fine I promise.

I have my exams in 10 days for my HNC Accounts course and I am starting to get nervous but then I think, if I take a deep breath, just apply what I know and common sense then I should be fine. That might not be as easy as I hope as I haven't sat formal exams for years (I’m 28 remember, it’s been a long time since I was at school) but I always lay out a study plan and make sure I don't overdo it and overwhelm my brain.

Exams
Source

Tips for studying:
  • DON'T PANIC!!! Take deep breathes, you will be fine!
  • Find something that calms you i.e. music, quiet room etc.
  • Set aside a few hours a day to study.
  • Take breaks throughout the day. 
  • Eat and drink (You need fuel)
  • Go for a wee walk, run, or bath just to clear your head. You will always feel better.
  • If you have a lot of reading to do, start with one thing. Highlight any important bits. Rewrite your answer for any questions you think may be coming up, Your teacher should supply a little “might come up” list. Once you start to answer in your own words and cutting it down, you will soon remember buzz words which will really help you.
  • Keep doing examples until you are bored! This should become second nature.
  • Don’t overwhelm yourself.
Studying
Source

Tips for the exam:
  • Get everything out that you will need i.e. Calculator, pens, pencils, tip-ex, rubber, pencil sharpener etc.
  • Take a good 5 minutes to read the question and highlight any important bits.
  • The worst thing to do is to let the panic blindness kick in, you will sit there for a long time worrying about nothing and you only have an allocated time frame to get this exam finished. Take a deep breath and think to yourself that you have learned all of this stuff already, you know it! The exams aren't there to trip you up or trick you, they are there to make sure you understand what you have learned.
  • Put a little star next to whatever questions you aren't too sure of and move onto the next one. You can always come back to these.
  • If you have practical and theory questions, pick what you want to do first. I would normally choose the theory first to get it out of the way! (I'm an accounts student so the written part is my worst nightmare)
  • When you have finished doing the questions you are confident with, you will probably be in "the zone" so go back and read the questions you weren’t too sure off and you will surprise yourself and be able to answer them.
  • Read over everything you have done, make sure there aren’t little mistakes. Fix anything you are not happy with. Add in anything you may have just remembered!
  • Now… You are finished :)

I don’t want to put you off but if you do worse than you thought, you always have a resit so there is no point making yourself sick with worry! Do the best you can and you may surprise yourself!!!

Last but not least, Good Luck! I wish you all the very best.

Have you checked out my latest post about Sephora shipping to the UK?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 

*Please click links on pictures for source.
* Some links may be affiliates but all thoughts are unbiased and 100% honest,
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig