Friday 30 January 2015

My January Favourites

January Favourites


Hi guys,


I can’t believe that the first month of 2015 is almost at an end! It seems to have zoomed by. I realised that I haven’t done much this month in the way of going out with friends and family as I have been putting in the time with college. I have to submit my final exam on the 2nd February for marking and I really want an A, knowing my lecturer and the fact she has only ever given out two A`s in her time at my college I think it’s safe to say that it will probably be a B but I would be more than happy with that if I can just perfect my theory work as I am confident with the numbers. Anyway enough of my boring life, let’s get on with my January favourites eh?

UPDATE: I got an A! It was the most stressful part of my HND but it goes to show, hard work and being boring for a while pays off.

Nivea Lip Butter in Blueberry Crush



I have been using this non-stop ever since I bought it. I had the raspberry rose one but I wanted a different flavour. I love the blueberry scent to this, it is quite strong but beautiful. I love how my lips feel when I use this. They feel hydrated and smooth. Perfect product for the winter months.

Caudalie Divine Oil


This is such an amazing product. I use this for my face, body and nails to give them a little love and attention throughout these cold months. I will be purchasing a full sized bottle of this as soon as my sample runs out.

Urban Decay Perversion


As you know, I got a deluxe sample in my Urban Decay Naked on the RunPalette and was so impressed that I bought another one as soon as it ran out. This mascara is all kinds of amazing, it makes my lashes so voluminous, gives them length and makes them look like false lashes without the hassle of trying to apply them. The colour payoff is great as it is so dark and it doesn’t smudge underneath my eyes at all.


Maybelline Colour Elixir


This lip elixir is all kinds of amazing, it feels like butter and the wand dispenses the product perfectly onto my lips.


Lush Lonely Heart Bubble Bar


I absolutely adore the scent of bergamot oil so it’s no surprise that this has been included in my favourites this month. All of the Lush Valentine’s Day Range is pretty phenomenal but this has been a favourite this month. 


Elizabeth Is Missing


I bought this book in my mini haul recently and I haven’t been able to put it down. So far it has been such a gorgeous story and I really feel for the main character Maud as she is a 70+ year old woman who is losing her memory and can’t understand why her family are rolling their eyes or huffing and puffing when she keeps repeating that her friend Elizabeth is missing. It makes you see it from a Dementia/Alzheimer’s patient’s way of thinking and I think it will be one of my favourite books when I finish it.

Tv Shows

I have found myself popping these shows on in the background when I have been studying away and I have become addicted to them. Fringe is a sci-fi show about weird and wacky things including an alternate universe which crosses over with ours and some weird diseases or afflictions on people. it all centres around Walter (the best character on tv) his son Peter (the babe of the show) and an FBI agent Olivia (typical strong woman). I don’t usually enjoy sci-fi shows but this one has me gripped with great story lines and a pretty dreamy main cast member i.e. Joshua Jackson.

Scandal is a political drama focusing on the President of America and Olivia Pope (one of the best female characters on TV) who have a complicated relationship. It’s another Shonda Rhimes creation and if you don’t know who she is, she is the mind behind Grey’s Anatomy so I knew this would be just as good. If you are a GA fan then you will be pleased to see Ellis Grey and Thatcher Grey appear as the Vice President and Presidents right hand man. Kerry Washington and Tony Goldwyn (Patrick Swayze`s brother in Ghost) are the main stars and their relationship keeps you hooked along with some pretty great storylines.

That’s all I have been loving this month, I know there isn’t a lot but I haven’t had time this month due to studying and report writing. Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed this post and have a great day.

What are your favourites this months?
Do you have any recommendations for me to try?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring Bomb Cosmetics?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |   

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I love the Nivea lip balms. I saw the blueberry one the other day and it smells divine. My skin also loves oils this time of the year. Gotta keep it as hydrated as possible. Have never tried anything from Caudalie before so may have a look at the Divine Oil. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You MUST try the caudalie oils, they have a few on offer, as soon as i am finished this one i will pick up another from their range to see how it compares to the divine oil xx

      Delete
  2. So jealous of everyones lush bath bombs! Looks so pretty, perfect for valentines...I just need a date now!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forget the date! Go to lush, pick up some bath bombs, run your self a bath and chill out with a glass of wine :) xx

      Delete
  3. Great favourites! I need to get my hands on some Lush Valentines bits :) xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be keeping an eye on your blog to see what goodies you picked up xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Laura,

    How are you? isn't it crazy how fast the time went by this month? Fingers crossed and all the best of luck for your exams in college. I really like your photography in this post and I watched Fringe a few years ago. I found the first three seasons brilliant but it then got a bit too absurd and sci-fi heavy. Hope you're well. Speak soon xxx

    Caz | Lunch Break Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i agree, season 4 is a bit all over the place but i will stick with it and see it through til the end. Hope your well too babes xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig