Tuesday 26 May 2015

Bourjois | Rouge Edition Aqua Laque

Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque

Bourjois Aqua Laque

Aqua Laque Swatches

Hey guys,

As you all know, Bourjois are one of my favourite drugstore brands. I picked up my first ever product from them when I was 17 and working in my old hairdressers. Boy, that is a few years ago eh? Almost thirteen years later and the love is still going strong. Thank goodness for me they have improved somewhat.

I know everyone and there granny have spoken about the new Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque`s (£8.99) which frankly have been mostly positive but I decided to put my two cents in and let my lovely readers know what I thought about them. I only picked up one shade in Rose on the Rocks as I wanted to see how I got on with this one before I picked up anymore. Now as I say, Bourjois are one of my favourite brands but I can’t help but not like this, I just didn’t fall in love with it. This colour is amazing with its very nude pink, sure all of the colours are very pretty but the wear of this just isn’t enough.

I found this to be quite messy when I applied with the applicator so I gave it another try using a different brush but it still made its way outside my lips. I loved the glossy effect to it and that did last a while before it started to fade. The one thing that I didn’t like about it at all was the fact that it really dried my lips outs. I applied before making my way to Sainsbury’s one day and by the time I came home I was chomping at the bit to get it off my lips before applying a thick layer of Nivea lip butter to add some moisture back into my lips!

It’s such a shame that I didn’t get on well with this as I really wanted to love it, like I do with everything else in their collection but it’s just not for me! This isn`t to say that you won’t get on a bit better, this is only my opinion. I think I will stick to my Maybelline Elixir Lips instead as it makes my lips feel great and gives a gorgeous glossy look to my looks without drying them out.  

Have you tried these Aqua Laque’s?
How did you get on with them?


P.S Head down to your local Debenhams to get yourself measured. I recently went along and was surprised to find that I was 2 whole cup sizes bigger and a back size smaller!! No wonder my back has been sore. 

Have you checked out my latest post featuring Mario Badescu
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Your images are beautiful in this post. Sorry the Lippies weren't up to scratch but thanks for sharing such an honest review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I just didnt love these lipsticks, i much prefer the matte lipsticks that they do as they actually dont dry my lips out like these do xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I really like the last pictures. Capturing colour can be a pain. Find me at http://www.igaberry.com/ & https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/igaberry-13323143 Have a lovely day, Iga x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that is a shame that they weren't what they were expecting - I wish they were better as the colours are gorgeous! Thanks for such an honest review :)

    Beth x
    Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! The colours are amazing but the formula just wasnt for me xx

      Delete
  4. the colour is gorgeous! - http://themakeupbase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame, the colour looks so lovely :(
    Kirsty x


    PrettyBugBlog.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig