Saturday 30 May 2015

Mascara | Perfect Pairings


Mascara

Hey lovelies, 

The other day I was happily scrolling through some blog posts and came across a perfume layering post which got me thinking. The whole perfume layering thing isn’t something I do but for as long as I can remember I have been pairing up my mascaras with others as I want length and volume plus a whole lot of colour and sometimes, one mascara just isn’t enough! Don’t get me wrong, I have my favourites that do everything but there are certain circumstances when I want more. Especially on nights out where I can’t get my false lash fixed and I end up walking off the anger it fills me with before throwing a strop and taking off all my eye makeup and starting again because I have glue all up in my lashes.

My favourite mascara at the moment is the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara (£17) and it really does the job in terms of colour, length and volume but sometimes I want MORE! I absolutely love pairing this up with the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara (£19.50) or the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (£7.99) as it creates a false lash effect and really opens up my eyes. 

Another favourite of mine is the Maybelline Falsies Mascara (£7.99), I have been buying this for as long as I can remember but again, I feel that I need extra length so I like to add the YSL Babydoll Mascara (£25) into the mix which does such a great job at separating each lash and creating a lot of length. 

Sometimes I mix and match them, depending on how I feel but these are the combos I reach for most often. I will be trying out others on this journey and if I find anymore great ones, I will share them with you.

Do you pair your mascaras?
What products do you use?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring My 30th Birthday Wish List
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I also have been layering mascaras, my latest favourite pair is the Maybelline Sensational followed by the benefit Roller lash :)

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, i can imagine how long your lashes would look with that combo. I will need to try these 2 together actually since i have them in my collection xx

      Delete
  2. I do this too - but only generally when I buy a mascara and it doesn't do what it is supposed to (e.g. is amazing with volume and doesn't clump but also doesn't have any length). It can be good for a night out when false lashes are too much effort though!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate false lashes, i can only ever apply individual ones so layering up mascara is the easiest option! I love long, black, voluminous lashes so the more mascara the better (without clumping obvs) xx

      Delete
  3. I love layering mascara, recently I've been layering L'Oreal telescopic and Maybelline the rocket :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow brilliant post, I have never thought about layering mascaras but I may now give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, been doing it for years and havent heard anyone else talk about it xx

      Delete
  5. I do that too! My go to combination is the stretch and define (maybelline) teamed up with Bad Gal (Benefit). Thanks so much for sharing your combos xxx

    Caz | Style Lingua

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig