Friday 19 June 2015

Beauty Trend | Strobing


Contouring and Strobing

Hi guys,

I was browsing the internet a few days ago and came across an article about strobing. I don’t know if you have heard of this term yet but it’s the new "in" thing. It’s basically just another word for highlighting the high points of your face to make them stand out. Thanks to the likes of Kim Kardashian, everyone and their mother have been rocking a contoured look. Some aren’t so great and some are out of this world. I prefer a subtle contour though so I won’t like a Kardashian anytime soon. The sales of contour palettes really speak for themselves when discussing how popular it has become. If your anything like my friend Siobhan then you will be armed up to the eyeballs with a contour brush, contour palette while running towards a makeup artist screaming "contour me damn it!!" but strobing is about taking a step back from all of that and more about leaving the skin glowing and dewy rather than matte. 

When I think of the word strobe I think of lights and that’s exactly what this technique does, it highlights all the high points on your face to make it look radiant and healthy. The way I go about it is to cleanse my face, use a hydrating moisturiser and then give a little spritz of my MacFix+ Spray (£16.50) before adding my Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer (£29). Once I have worked these into my skin I then work in my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (£9.99) as it gives a gorgeous dewy finish and then carry on with concealer to cover blemishes and dark circles. I wouldn’t go mad on the foundation and concealer, you want a flawless, weightless finish so don’t use a lot of product.

I then finish off my makeup with mascara, brows, eyeliner, blusher and lipstick and then get onto the good part...highlighting! I use the Mac Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish (£23) for this as it gives a gorgeous natural highlight to the skin. I use this like I would a highlighter but I add it everywhere including my forehead, brow bone, inner corners of my eye, down the bridge of my nose, tops of my cheekbones and on my cupids bow. I then set my t-zone with my Paese Cosmetics Bamboo Silk Powder (£9.99) and that’s me finished! 

I love the finished look that this creates and I think I will be rocking this look all through summer as it is so easy and gorgeous. I could not get a great picture of myself with this new look as the sunlight was nowhere to be found in Glasgow. I promise I will post a picture as soon as possible so you can see it in all its glory.

Would you try this look?
Do you prefer contouring or strobing?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring The Perfect Concealer
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I like the sound of strobing, especially for summer! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it would be great for a day time summer look xx

      Delete
  2. I immediately think of strobe lights and even though I think it's a little bit ridiculous that strobing is now a thing, I do love the dewy finished look. Think it's great to step away from harsh contouring where ton's of products are used and instead focus on a lighter base with a glow in all the right places. Need to try it out soon x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly, its a definite day time look as i do still love my contour lol xx

      Delete
  3. I like contouring and I prefer glowing skin instead of dead matte skin. But it depends on the occasion too. I'd use strobing for daily basis.

    lemmeswatchit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i dont think i would do it for a night out as you want to be dolled up but its such a great look for day time xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig