Thursday 1 September 2016

Why I Am Excited For Autumn

Autumn
Print bought via Sweet Allure
Hi guys,

I thought I would just have another chatty post today. I’ve been doing a lot of that recently apart from the CB12 review and the reason behind it was the fact I was getting a little bored of writing the same kind of posts. Don’t get me wrong, I adore writing beauty content but I feel like I have lost my mojo a bit and I am taking a little break from it. I’m not saying I have stopped but I just want to get some of my thoughts down and things that I enjoy as this blog is supposed to be about me and my opinions but also about me as a person so my lovely readers get a feel for who I am and what I am about. So... I am going to talk about my favourite season EVER! Autumn. The official day for autumn to begin is something like the 22nd September but as far as I am concerned it starts as of today, the 1st September. 

Now you will notice there is no pumpkin spiced lattes or Ugg boots in this post ladies and gentlemen! I’m not criticising but I’m not too fussed about those things really. Everything else however, is what I’m looking forward to most.

Autumn Prints
Print bought via Sweet Allure
1. Weather
Ok, I’m not one to moan about it being too hot, especially when the sun is shining but man oh man, it’s just been too humid recently. I live in Glasgow and we pretty much get about 11 months of rain/wind but the other month is normally made up of a few sunny days, maybe a few weeks if we are lucky and then just some unbearably humid days with no sunshine whatsoever. What the fuck is that all about? Give me sunshine or don’t but don’t make me sweat with no chance of a BBQ or tan in return! Give me a break mate.

2. Clothes
Nothing screams autumn to me more than plenty of loose layers, chunky knitwear and some cute boots. I love the colours of the season too when it comes to clothes as they are all so inviting and comfy looking. 

Halloween

3. All the Holidays
Let’s face it, the best holidays ever take place in autumn, apart from Christmas of course. But my favourite has to be Halloween. I love everything about it, especially if there is a party going on. I love Halloween sweets, candied apples, dressing up, having a night to get drunk with all my besties and then chilling out with some awesome horror movies. 

4. Movies
I love all the movies at this time of year. They are some of the best, especially when there is a good old fashioned horror going on at the cinema but I love the classics such as Hocus Pocus, Chucky and Beetlejuice. They just scream autumn to me.

Horror

5. Return of TV

As far as I am concerned, the TV situation is seriously lacking during the summer months. I understand why but when you live in Glasgow, there aren’t many opportunities to go out and enjoy the sun so you end up staying in more often than not hence the reason I am excited for some fall TV. The ones I am most excited about are Great British Bake Off, Great British Menu, The Fall (Jamie Dornan anyone?!), Cold Feet, Gilmore Girls (YASSSSSSS), Black Mirror, Westworld, How to get away with Murder, Transparent, Our Girl, Divorce, Criminal Minds and SVU. I have just finished season one and two of The Affair but I don’t think that will be back until the winter. Another great show that I watched online was The Night Of. I think it might have started already or may be starting soon but I highly recommend it.

6. Food
Who doesn’t love a huge hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows? I mean it is a staple when it comes to the colder months. Usually people will say this is a winter drink but for me it all starts in autumn. It doesn’t just end with HC, I touched upon this in the holiday section of the post but for me I love everything Halloween based with some great meat, vegetables and fruits thrown in for good measure. I am happy with a good stew, a glass of red wine and then a banging dessert, usually something apple based.

Hot Chocolate

7. Colours
There is something about the colours of autumn that gives me great comfort. I just love the red, orange, yellow and green hues flowing through each and every street but it’s the parks where it’s really at. I love going for wee walks in the autumn months as the whole place is truly magical.

8. Homeware
Now this is probably my most favourite of the lot. I absolutely love going into the supermarkets and stores round about me and seeing all their gorgeous autumnal products on display. Again, it’s mostly the colours that capture me but it’s the designs on mugs, bedding, cushions, etc. that really gets me excited. Next Home has got to be one of my favourite places on earth and it does not let me down when autumn hits. It’s also a favourite due to the fact that Costa lives upstairs and I can grab a Chai Latte and some cake before walking about the store.

Makeup

9. Dark Lips
I love a deep dark lip when the colder months come in, it’s just the perfect time to make those bad boys stand out. Anything that is red, purple or deep pink is where it’s at for me when it comes to makeup. I especially love Nars Liv, Mac Rebel and Rimmel #107 as they are the perfect shades for autumn.

10. Baths and Comfy Pjs
Come on now! How could I write this post and not talk about my two favourite things in the world. When the colder months come in, I am all about baths and comfy warm pyjamas. I absolutely adore it and I always buy a few new pairs of pyjamas every year. Lush and Pretty Suds are probably my favourite websites to buy from when it comes to bath products as they have a wide range and always have some great smelling autumn delights. Throw in a good book and a large glass of red wine and I am one happy lassie.

So there we have it, my top highlights of autumn. Seriously, how many times can I say autumn in this post ha-ha. Autumn, autumn, autumn.

What are your top choices?

Have you checked out my latest featuring A New Teeth Whitening Product?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |
*All photos are courtesy of Pixabay
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What TV are you looking forward to returning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fall, Cold Feet, Gilmore Girls, Black Mirror, Westworld, How to get away with Murder, Transparent, Our Girl, Divorce, Criminal Minds and SVU to name a few haha. I did have this in the post but must have deleted by accident, just as well I save all my blog posts on my laptop eh.
      What are you looking forward to? xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig