Sunday 7 February 2016

Artis | Elite Mirror Oval 7 Makeup Brush

Elite Mirror Oval 7 Makeup Brush

Artis Oval 7 Makeup Brush

Oval 7 Brush

Artis Elite Mirror Brush

Artis Elite Brush

Oval 7

Makeup Brush

Hi guys, 

I have finally got my mojo back and have wanted to blog again. I took a loooong break in January after all my Christmas posts and found it hard to get back into the swing of things, so no gym, blogging, healthy eating, and makeup looks etc. I was swamped with studying as my exams were in January (yawn! I know, I’ve spoke about it a lot) straight after Christmas so I really had to knuckle down and focus on that. I then got a part time job and have really struggled with it as it’s not what I expected and has gotten me down.  Anyway, I know you didn’t come here to hear me ramble on and lower the tone of the blog post, so I am gonna dive straight in and talk about the Artis Oval 7 Makeup Brush (£45) which is part of the Elite Mirror Collection.

Let’s get one thing out the way, it looks like a giant toothbrush or hairbrush, doesn’t it? It freaked me out a little as I am so used to the conventional makeup brush, and this didn’t fit that mould but I was stunned at how pretty the overall design of the brush was. I love the mirror finish too at it gives it a sophisticated look. 

Now, I know this brush is very expensive, trust me, I would never have bought this myself but I had a SpaceNK gift card from my mum and decided to treat myself to this guilt ridden purchase. I did speak a little bit about this on my January Beauty Buys post and wasn’t overly impressed but I will go into more detail for you to give you a clear picture of this item.

The Oval 7 is what some describe as the perfect size face brush and is said to be perfect at applying foundation, blush, highlighting, bronzing, skincare, and setting powders. The brush is densely packed and made with CosmeFibre, a revolutionary engineered fibre which is specifically made for applying makeup. The brush itself measures 18 cm long, and the fibre bundle is 3 cm X 5 cm.

I found the size of the brush to be perfect for my face as it wasn’t too big or too small (goldilocks anyone?) The bristles are super soft, it actually feels like you are sweeping your face with velvet, it is literally the softest brush I have ever used. It is supposed to help distribute product evenly and lightly without soaking it up. I heard that beauty blenders, sponges and brushes soak up to 60% of any product which I found to be crazy but this doesn’t and was the reason I wanted to try it out.

On first try, I used the same amount of foundation that I normally would when using a beauty blender and brush but I quickly found out that was wrong as I was left with horrible streaks all over my face and it took forever to blend into my skin. I washed it off and started again. I used one pump of foundation and applied to my face using my fingers before using the Oval 7. I then swiped the brush over my face rather than buff the product into my face like I normally would with a brush, another weird sensation but a nice one never the less. I liked how quickly this distributed the foundation over my face and how nicely it settled but I didn’t like how it looked throughout the day. With a blender or brush, you can really work the product in but with this, I felt like it sat on my skin rather than be absorbed which I didn’t like as it started to move throughout the day especially between my brows and on my laughter lines.

Something that really annoyed me was the handle of the brush as it felt quite flimsy and for 45 bucks, I want something sturdy not something that feels like it could snap at any time. I have heard some Youtubers state this happening and as I say for an expensive brush that’s a no no in my book. I don’t know if this is an intentional part of the design to give a gentle application and help manoeuvre over the contours of your face, but I don’t like it.

Overall, a stunningly beautiful looking brush but I wouldn’t rush to buy another one. I haven’t tried to wash it yet, I have only wiped off the bristles with a face wipe but as soon as I do, I will update this post to let you know how I get on but I noticed they have a brush cleaner which again, is very expensive.

Have you tried this brush?
Would you buy this brush in the future?

Have you read my Valentines Gifts For Men Post?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |


* Some links may be affiliates but all thoughts are unbiased and 100% honest,
*Please click links on pictures for source.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig