Wednesday 10 February 2016

Urban Decay & Gwen Stefani | Eyeshadow and Blush Palette


Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow and Blush Palette

Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette

Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow and Blush Palette

Gwen Stefani Palettes

Hi guys, 

Everyone and their granny seem to have these palettes at the moment and rightly so as they are beautiful. The gold, white and black packaging and obviously Gwen Stefani made me want to buy these but I wasn’t sure of the product itself as I wasn’t sure it would be on par with other UD products. I am a huge fan of Urban Decay and I find their products to be amazing but sometimes when its celebrity endorsed, it doesn’t always turn out great but I was very wrong about that.


UD carefully crafted the shadows with Gwen with the colours she wished she had in her collection. There are 15 shades in total, 12 of which are brand new to UD and 3 which are already in their collection. What I love about this collaboration is the fact that Gwen had a hand in everything, including the case, which was inspired by her love of black-and-white graphic prints and antique gold accents. She also handpicked most of the shade names, which were inspired by her songs. 

The eyeshadow palette was actually a surprise gift from my other half as he looked through my social media platforms and found out I wanted this so it was a lovely thing to wake up to on Christmas morning and it was the first thing I wanted to play with as soon as we were finished opening gifts and having our breakfast. I didn’t know what shade to start with first as they all so beautiful and honestly some of the most vivid colours I have ever seen. I love that this palette will suit everyone as it has your normal neutral shades but it also pushes the boat out with glitter blues, pinks and yellow golds. The official shade colours are as follows:

Blonde (pale beige with pink iridescent shift), Bathwater (pale beige with gold pearl), Skimp (pale nude satin), Steady (medium rose with metallic gold shift), Punk (reddish brown matte), Baby (cool metallic rose), Anaheim (light taupe-brown matte), Stark (nude-pink matte), Zone (medium brown matte), Serious (smoky grey with iridescent floating pearl), Pop (pale coral w/iridescent sparkle), Harajuku (metallic blue-pink with iridescent micro-shimmer), Danger (deep metallic royal blue with blue micro-sparkle), 1987 (bright metallic yellow-gold) and Blackout (blackest black matte). 

I haven’t had the courage to use the blue or pink shadows as they aren’t normally shades I gravitate towards to but I have used every other colour in the palette and I have to say, they do not disappoint. They are highly pigmented, easy to blend out and can be used to create some of the best eye looks ever. A must have purchase if you love Urban Decay and love to experiment with colour. 


The blush palette was on my wish list for ages so I was over the moon when I got that email to tell me it was ready to be bought! As with the eyeshadow palette, Gwen helped to develop this but with defining and highlighting in mind as she loves these steps in her makeup routine.  There are 6 shades in total with blushers, bronzers and some highlighters incorporated although the highlighters aren’t some of my favourites. According to UD, all shades are versatile and can be used on any skin tone but I don’t know about that, some of the shades are very light and may not show up on darker skin but all of the shades will definitely give a gorgeous pop of colour to lighter skin tones. 

All of the products are very blendable and finely milled. You only need a little bit on your brush to give you your desired effect. They have a luxurious and lightweight feel to them and feel very soft when applied to your face. The shades included in the palette are as follows: Cherry (light pink satin), Easy (deep rose with gold shimmer), Angel (champagne-nude shimmer), Lo-Fi (soft bronze matte), Hush (medium pink with gold shimmer) and OC (soft pink with peach shift). I don’t really like the “highlighting” shades in the palette as I like to have a strong glow going on and these are very subtle. That’s just my preference, for someone starting out with highlighting or someone who likes a subtle glow, then this is the palette for you as it will definitely provide you with that.

All in all, 2 amazing palettes with beautiful packaging and excellent quality products in each of them. They are must have purchases for any beauty lover as they pack a real punch and will have your friends green with envy every time you bring it out to play. My favourite thing about each palette is the gold, white and black design, they really stand out and give your makeup collection a glint of glamour and also the huge mirrors in each as they have enough space for you to see everything.

Have you tried these palettes yet?
What do you think of them?

Have you read my latest post featuring the Zoeva En Taupe Palette? 
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |
* Some links may be affiliates but all thoughts are unbiased and 100% honest,
*Please click links on pictures for source.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I have the eyeshadow palette and love it, and I can't wait to check the blush palette too! :) xx
    Gyudy @ Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply lovely, did you end up buying this? xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried either of these palette, but I'm tempted by the blush palette. I like blush palette in general a lot, and this one has very wearable shades. The eyeshadow palette looks nice too, but I already own so many neutrals!
    Beaumiroir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blush palette is outstanding! Did you pick it up? xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig