Thursday 28 July 2016

Blogger Annoyances | Email's

Blogger Emails

Hi guys, 

Do you receive numerous emails a day asking you for all kinds of favours with either no information or nothing in return? Well, I thought I would put together this blog post highlighting the different things that annoy me as a blogger. 

Don’t get me wrong, I am always grateful for the opportunities I get from blogging and this is in no way a rant about the problems of blogging, but I hate some of the stuff that goes along with it. If you want me to promote something, give me an indication as to what it is. If you want a shout out, tell me who you are, what it is you want me to talk about and not to sound crass, but what am I getting in return for it. I hate to do something for somebody and expect something in return, its not my style. I do things for others because I want to help them in any way I can but when it comes to blogging, you have to be a bit ruthless. 

If a company want a blog post then you have to charge for your time. As I said in my Can You Trust Bloggers post, you have to take the time to set up equipment for pictures, backgrounds, do a bit of research, write the post and promote it. This is a lot of work and you should be paid for it. What are the company getting out of this blog post? The answer is free promotion!

On too many occasions I have been asked to write a post for a company to promote whatever they are flogging at that time and when I ask what I get out of it they always say the same thing, "It’s not in the budget" or "we will put a link to your blog on our website". If you can’t take into consideration the time and effort I put into a blog post, then I’m sorry but the answer is no. If I haven’t tried something, how the hell can I promote it? Anyway, here are my top annoyances when it comes to emails.

1. "Can We Write A Post For You"
Can you piss off please?! This really gets on my tits. Please don’t email me asking me to allow someone else to write a blog post for me, pay me an undisclosed sum of money for the privilege and not even tell me what the post will be about? Why in God’s name would I want someone else to write my blog posts for me? When I ask for more details, they are always super secretive and will not budge. I said yes to one to find out some more information, turns out she was promoting a gambling website! Where on my blog do I talk about gambling? I happily declined her offer. Just a quick disclaimer in here, I have never allowed anyone to write a post for me unless it’s a guest post featuring some makeup looks, male skincare or fashion. These are things that fit well with my blog and things I do not personally talk about as I wouldn't know where to begin, so it’s great to help out fellow bloggers but as far as these companies are concerned, I can’t be dealing with it. 

2. Not Reading Your Blog
"I love the fashion posts on your blog" Erm, I don’t blog about fashion so it must have been someone else’s blog you read. This really irks me. If you haven’t taken the time to read my blog, don’t email me asking me to promote your fashion accessories, clothes, shoes etc. as I do not blog about that.

3. Buy Followers
I’m sure you get this all the time if you are a blogger. I tend to ignore them when they plaster all over my social media or email me. I have built my blog organically, it may not be huge and I may not have the biggest social media following but I enjoy blogging and don’t need to be hounded by these people. If you buy followers, then I’m sorry but I don’t agree with that. Surely it is better to start from the bottom and work your way up rather than have thousands of followers you didn’t earn!

4. Free Promotions
I have been asked a lot if I can send tweets out to get people excited about a new launch i.e. Drinks, Cocktail Ingredients, Smoking, Gambling, Giveaways, Fashion Accessories and it would be appreciated! Ha-ha.
It would be appreciated if you didn’t think my blog or social media platforms were a way for you to promote your company when you haven’t even said hello or introduced yourself. What a bloody cheek. I only promote products if I have bought it with my own money and I really do love them. If I have been lucky enough to be gifted with something, I will make it clear on my social media platforms that someone sent it to me but I will only promote if I like it and it has worked for me.

5. Generic Emails
Please don’t send me an email saying "Hello Blogger" or "Dear Blogger". If you want a favour or want me to do something, then you bloody well better know my name! 

6. Non Emails
Ok, this is random but I hate one sentence emails. Why is there only one sentence? What is your angle here? Tell me what it is, don’t send me a link and say "You will love this" or "This will be great for your blog". I’m sorry, but I aint clicking on anything when it’s been emailed over and no-one has the decency to say hello, give me an introduction to themselves and their company and not told me what the link takes me too or what they are promoting. If you don’t have time to write a proper email, I won’t have time to "read" it. 

7. Spam Mail
If I sign up for notifications, I dont want twenty a day. One per day or even three per week would be fab. I have unsubscribed and unfollowed bloggers in the past for this as it is so irritating. 

I know this seems a bit ranty but I hope you enjoyed it. These are the top seven issues when it comes to emails and being a blogger. Again, I am not dissing the professional companies out there who take the time to read your blog, make sure you are a good fit for their product and them send over a legible email but if you just want me to promote something I have never heard of, never used or don’t agree with, then the answer will always be no. If you can think of anymore, I would be happy to hear them.


Have you checked out my latest featuring A New Makeup Trend?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |
*Photo sourced from Pixabay
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I laughed along with this! The "oh I looooooove your blog & especially your fashion content" - I have never posted about fashion??!! Liz from BeautyHealthInspo on instagram is a troll always mailing to ask you to buy followers - how many ways/times can you say NO!! Then the "we'll write the post to save you the work and pay you $10 to post it on your blog" - WTF?!

    It's all very funny really! Do people actually fall for this crap?!

    Great post! xx


    Beautylymin| Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad you liked it. Was a bit worried that it may come across a bit ranty haha. I think people do really fall for it, especially new bloggers who may think this is ok to have someone else write your blogposts for a set fee.

      As for Liz, I havent come across her, thank goodness! I hate the whole "buy followers" aspect of blogging. It really grinds my gears xx

      Delete
  2. This was hilarious yet so true. The struggle is real and I'm right there with you!

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Im glad you liked it! Thank you for commenting :) xx

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! I don't get any of these yet really but I can see why all of them would be annoying xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they are super annoying. Just dont fall for the bull when they start coming through! xx

      Delete
  4. This was fun to read because I am so with you on these and the annoyances that come up because of them! Like, what is your issue?

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Im glad you like it! Its nice to know others feel the same as me xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig