Tuesday 26 July 2016

If I Could Only Use One...

Drugstore Beauty

Max Factor Creme Puff Blushers
Max Factor Creme Puff Blush
Revlon Matte Balms
Revlon Colorburst
Nyx Eyeliner
Nyx Liquid Liner
Maybelline Lash Sensational
Maybelline Lash Sensational
Tanya Burr Cosmetics

Hi guys, 

After having a major Pinterest session the other day, I came across the lovely Rebecca from “From Roses” latest posts including one based on choosing one product from each beauty category. I really liked this idea, so much so, that I decided to carry it out too. I changed mine up a little by only choosing drugstore products and adding more categories. I am going to choose products based on everything I do after cleansing and moisturising so I don’t leave anything out. Please head on over to From Roses post to see what she choose as some of her choices are stunning! 

Primer
There's only one primer for me and that’s the Nivea Post Shave Balm for Sensitive Skin (£5.35), I use this all the time. Every time I apply my makeup, regardless of where I am going, this is the first step for me. I have a full review of this bad boy right here.

Foundation
This is the easiest one to choose, of course it’s going to be Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (£9.99). I have raved about this ever since I first purchased it and years later it is still a staple in my foundation drawer. I love the consistency of it (think Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua but way cheaper), how easy it glides onto the skin, the subtle glow it gives and its impeccable staying power. An absolute must have! 

Concealer
This was a little tougher I have to admit. I like so many drugstore concealers but after thinking long and hard, I decided on Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19) as it’s amazing. The consistency is magical, it blends out beautifully and covers a multitude of sins. I use this to cover dark circles, to cover blemishes, redness around my nostrils and also to highlight down the centre of my face. It is an absolute dream.

Face Powder
It has to be Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (£3.99) doesn’t it! Not much to say about this other than it helps keep my makeup on all day.

Contour
I have tried an obscene amount of contouring products in the past but when I am in a rush and just want something to add a bit of colour then I find myself reaching for the Tanya Burr Peachy Glow Palette (£8). This is perfect for my fair skin and as it’s a compact it also includes a highlighter and blush.

Blusher
Even though the TB contour palette has a blusher, I always reach for the multi toned Max Factor Crème Puff Blush (£8.99). I really struggled to pick just one shade so I am picking all 6 of them as they are just dreamy. This is easy to blend and you only need the tiniest amount on your brush to create a gorgeous shade on your skin. 

Highlighter
Has to be Makeup Revolution Pro Illuminate (£4). It’s the only drugstore highlighter I have used and had to take a step back once the glow was applied! Seriously impressive.

Mascara
Erm, there is only one mascara out there for me and it is the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (£7.99). I was always a Falsies (£8) kind of a girl until this beauty was released. I honestly cant big it up anymore, it creates the most gorgeous lashes by coating each and every lash, even the small corner ones. It helps to blend your lashes into false ones without being over the top. It has the blackest of black shades, beautiful formula and better yet, it doesn’t bloody transfer onto my eyelids or bottom lash line throughout the day. I have a full review right here

Eyeliner
This is a little frustrating as my all-time favourite is the NYC Liquid Eyeliner but I can’t seem to find it anymore so I have to settle on the NYX Vinyl Liquid Liner (£5.50) which is my second favourite. The NYX liner is a dream come true, it has a thin tip which helps to glide over the eye to create a beautiful line and it is easy to create a little flick or a full blown wing. I’m not saying it will be perfect every time as that depends on the person but this is really good. It is super dark, one of the blackest liners I have ever used and I don’t have any issues with it moving throughout the day. 

Eyebrows
Soap and Glory Archery (£10) is the best I have tried from a drugstore. I have tried a million different compacts, gels, pencils, powders and this is still the one I would go to as it has a little pencil for precision and then a felt tip point to create texture. 

Lipstick
This is a little tougher as there are so many good lip products out there, especially from the drugstore. If I had to choose just one I would pick the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms (£7.99) as I find them to be moisturising, pigmented and have a great selection of shades. 

Setting Spray
It has to be L'Oréal Paris Infallible Fixing Mist (£7.99), this is a little cloudy concoction that helps keep your makeup stay on all day. If there was only one setting spray in the world and this was it, I would be happy. 

So there we have it, if I could only choose one product from each section, then it would be these guys. I actually buy these over and over again as they are some of the best products on the market, well for me anyway. I love the finish I get after applying my full face and I have to say, I am never disappointed with how my makeup settles as the day goes on. 

PS. The print in the pictures was created by Jemma over at Dorkface. You should check out her Etsy Store, she has all kinds of wonderful girly, colourful pieces.

What would be your top picks?
If you decide to do this blog post, please link back so I can see your answers.

Have you checked out my latest featuring my My Holiday Reads?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig