Monday 26 October 2015

Nivea Post Shave Balm As A Primer?

Nivea Post Shave Balm As A Primer?

Nivea Post Shave Balm As A Primer?

Nivea Post Shave Balm As A Primer?

Nivea Post Shave Balm As A Primer?
Hi guys, 

I don’t know if you know this but I am a huge Nikki Tutorials fan and when I saw her using the Nivea Post Shave Balm (RRP £5.29) as a primer I was taken aback but knew I had to buy it. I couldn’t believe that such a product would be used like this as it’s a product for men. But think about it, why wouldn’t it work? It contains Chamomile and Vitamin E which helps to sooth irritated skin, calm down redness and help with dry skin. It also has 0% alcohol so it’s perfect for us sensitive folk.

First things first, it’s the cheapest primer I have ever bought that wasn’t actually a primer, I think I paid £2.63 for this as Superdrug were having a sale on certain products but more importantly, it bloody well works! The smell is a little weird at first, but I love men’s products as they smell amazing but once this is worked into the skin, the smells disappears. The product is not as thick as I thought it would be, it does run ever so slightly but its manageable, it’s not like Mac Face and Body (the only ridiculously watery product I could think of) which literally runs off the back of my hand. It’s just a little more lighter than my holy grail Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer (£29) which is actually very light. Once it’s worked in, it goes a little tacky, which I like, it instantly smoothes my skin and makes my foundation glide on like liquid velvet. I also found my make up to last that little bit longer than normal and I also didn’t get as oily as I usually do, I don’t know why because it’s not meant to control oil but I loved that aspect of it.

To say this is a great primer is an understatement! I love how easy it is to use, how well it makes my foundation look and also the fact that I haven’t had any breakouts whilst trying this out. As per usual, as soon as I bought it, I noticed I had already had little samples of this in my bathroom cupboard that Liam forgot to use ha! I love this product as a primer and I think it will be a firm favourite of mine from now on.

Have you ever tried this?
Would you use an aftershave balm as a primer?

I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook.



SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Its so good! Nivea Men will be wondering why their sales have boosted haha, all thanks to Nikki! Xx

      Delete
  2. I've been using this on my legs to stop myself getting shaving rash but I think I might just have to give it a go as a primer too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt even think of that! I always get shaving rash which is a pain in the arse. But using it as a primer is honestly the best thing ever xx

      Delete
  3. I saw this on one of the bloggers chats and was amazed! Think a trip to Superdrug may be in order! xx

    Jessica Ann ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you buy it Jessica? I saw it in superdrug for £2 the other day but if any men in your family get a Nivea set for xmas, check it out and steal the balm if they dont want to use it haha xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig