Thursday 31 December 2015

MAC Lipsticks | Heavy Petting, Berry Black Friday & Velvet Teddy

MAC Heavy Petting, Berry Black Friday & Velvet Teddy

MAC Velvet Teddy

MAC Heavy Petting, Berry Black Friday & Velvet Teddy Swatches

MAC Lipsticks

Mac Berry Black Friday

Mac Matte Lipsticks

Hi Guys, 

I just wanted to take a minute and say Happy New Year before the internet stops working at the bells. Its a fucking nightmare when that happens but who cares, its part and parcel for a banging night eh? I will not be getting "out my nut" this year but rather having a quiet night on with my mum and my sister as I am mad that way ha-ha. But I hope you all have a fantastic night, whatever you are doing, I will probably stick to a few bottles of champers and wine, and yes I mean bottles, im a greedy drunk plus I don't get hangovers. Thanks Dad! Anyway, I wish you all the absolute best for 2016, you all deserve it.

This is just a little round up of the Mac Lipsticks I have acquired over the past couple of weeks and I wanted to share my thoughts with you. First up is Velvet Teddy (£15.50) which is a deep toned matte beige shade. You have probably heard of this due to the Kylie Jenner Phenomenon that swept the internet a few months back and I was no exception. I wanted it! But obviously I was too bloody slow when it came to buying it as every time I would go online, I would add it to my basket and by the time I checked out it would say "sorry, this item is no longer in stock" HOW INFURIATING! But.... then my gorgeous little sister picked it up as part of my Christmas and I was so happy! This is such a gorgeous shade and I feel it would work well on people who love nudes but want to try something just a little edgier to get them out of that rut. As its matte, it also lasts very well.

The next one is Black Berry Friday (£17.50) which is a patent polish lip pencil in a delicious blackberry shade. This is a nice lipstick but as I like my lips to make more of a statement I would say it’s not my favourite. This is quite sheer so it’s not good if you want it to last all night and to really stand out but it is perfect for adding a little colour to your lips without going overboard. I personally love this over the top of any berry shade matte lipstick, such as Rebel or Sin which gives a subtle glossy look. If you want to dip your toe into the purple/berry pool and not dive right in then this might be for you. Go into Mac, have a look at it and give it a swatch before committing. But for all of us dark lip girls, this may be a little too sheer.

The last one is Heavy Petting (£15.50) which is a burgundy creamsheen lipstick. I was a little disappointed with this if I am perfectly honest as I was expecting it to pack more of a punch. The picture on the Mac website gave the impression that it was going to be deep and dangerous but it just didn’t match up in my opinion. This is nice if you aren’t used to dark lips and want to dabble in the deeper shades but for me it just didn’t live up to the hype. It came off as soon as I had a drink which was also a bit of a pest as I like my lipsticks to stay put.

As with all Mac lipsticks, these smelled amazing and the pricing isn’t bad at all compared to other brands but I was bitterly disappointed with the finish of the darker shades. Velvet Teddy is the definite winner here guys so hurry up and get your hands on it if you haven’t done so already.

Have you read my latest Winter Skincare Post
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |



* Some links may be affiliates but all thoughts are unbiased and 100% honest,
*Please click links on pictures for source.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am slightly addicted to MAC lipsticks recently, heavy petting looks like the next one on my list!

    Happy New Year!
    Parie x
    classandglitter.ccom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year :)

      It is a gorgeous shade, i just prefer matte lipsticks so i wasnt overly impressed but i do appreciate it for what it is xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig