Thursday 2 June 2016

Pamper Session With Akar Skin (The Naked Goods)

Pamper Session With The Naked Goods Company


The Naked Goods Company


Akar Skin


Skincare


The Naked Goods Lip Butter


The Naked Goods Company Sample Kit


Facial Oil


Skincare Essentials


The Floral Pot Face Polish


Pink Cleansing Clay


The Bare Glow Honey Face Mask


Hi guys,

I decided to pamper myself more than once this week due to the fact that I have been enjoying the sweltering heat here in Glasgow & my skin feels a little meh with all the SPF blocking up my pores and also, that bitch aunt flo is in town. I don’t know about you but I always feel like rubbish during my monthly visits hence the reason I sit in lush baths all week and make sure I am pampered constantly. It really does help, I don’t care what anyone says.

Anyway, I was kindly sent The Akar Skin Sample Kit* (no link sorry) which is filled with all kinds of goodies and I decided to go for it and use everything in the little box to give me the full experience. These guys are based out in Hong Kong so I was very surprised when the package arrived quickly. I have been using Pretty Suds bath products (review coming soon) this week as I bought a few goodies a while ago so after I finish up in the bath, I normally get straight into comfy oversized jammies, tie my hair up as I don’t even bother drying it and get straight to the pamper.

Usually a sample kit has about 5 good products in it but this is packed with a whopping 9 items including a full sized lip butter which is all kinds of great, I will get onto that a little bit later. The sample pots are small but I have managed to get 2 – 3 uses from most of them. Included in the box are as follows:

The Pink Dirt Cleansing Clay is a beautiful, softly milled clay powder that has to be mixed with some water to form a paste. I wouldn’t recommend using this to remove makeup as it’s not very good but it is nice to give your skin an extra little cleanse before enjoying the rest of the products, plus the scent is out of this world, I nearly bloody ate the stuff it smelled so good! I refrained, or I wouldn’t be writing this post ha-ha.  You just wash this off with some lukewarm water and hey presto, clean skin. The Floral Pot is just beautiful. Not a huge scent coming from this as its quite subtle, well mine was anyway, I don’t know if they are all the same. I used this as an exfoliator by adding to some cleansing oil and working all over my skin. It isn’t abrasive at all. It actually feels very relaxing. I worked in for a good 2 – 3 minutes before washing off. As I used The Citrus Wash Cleansing Oil, I had to use a face cloth to remove the excess oil. 

After I patted my skin dry. I then tried The Bare Glow Face Mask which is the gloopiest little witch I have ever used. It smells like a dream but it is so sticky. There isn’t any information on the website but due to the stickiness of this mask, I would guess that there is honey in it. I placed this all over my face and left on for 20 minutes. Again, there was no information as to how long this should be left on but I used my initiative. Once removed (face cloth and lukewarm water), my skin was the softest it had ever felt. I kid you not, it was glowing, it was like new skin had appeared and I loved it. Even Liam commented on my appearance, and he doesn’t do that often unless there is a major change so that’s a good sign.

Once the mask was removed, I patted my skin dry again. I then applied The Nutrient Boost Eye Serum ($73) which felt like an oil but very nice. It worked into my eye area like a dream and didn’t leave behind a greasy residue. It is supposed to reduce puffiness, dryness, dark circles and the appearance of wrinkles. Obviously, I have only used this a few times so I haven’t noticed a huge difference, but it is very nourishing. It contains passion fruit seed oil that is rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids, pumpkin seed oil, mushroom extract and a wealth of nutritive plant extracts to tighten and rejuvenate tired skin. I then applied The Desert Rescue Face Oil ($80) in an upwards motion. This is especially great for dry/dehydrated/normal skin as it contains Camellia oil which is high in oleic acid, making it really effective at sealing in moisture. It is also high in antioxidants, vitamins A, E and D and Jojoba oil. This oil is supposed to sooth and heal the skin while providing antiaging benefits. I worked this all over my face and neck to kick in some hydration before giving myself a spritz of The Lush Balance Botanical Mist ($33) to lock everything in. This refreshing mist of rose and neroli restores skin’s natural pH balance, promotes cell repair and tightens pores. Don’t know about the tightening of pores, but it is a lovely mist which is suitable for all skin types. Something I would carry about on hotter days to refresh my skin. Once I was finished, my skin was delicious. It soaked in all the products well and left me with fresh, clean, glowing and well nourished skin. Honestly, can I have these products sent to me by the bucket load?

As always, I gave my lips a little scrub using Lush Mint Julips (£5.50) before applying the Lip Butter ($33). Now you know I LOVE my Nivea Lip Butter (£2.25) as it is the most nourishing lip product I have ever used and they smell fantastic but this little guy is a serious rival. It contains, all the oil! No joke, it contains all natural oils including Almond, Rose, Rosemary, Castor, Camellia and Rosehip to name a few. This is super hydrating and doesn’t create a false barrier over the lips. It gets to work straight away. (Work, work, work, work, work, work ♫, sorry I had to). Anyway, I put this on my lips at about 5pm or so and I could still feel it when I went to sleep at 10.30pm. Seriously, amazing stuff. My lips were plump when I woke up in the morning and looked amazing. It doesn’t win in the price category as the Nivea one is only a couple of £s compared to the hefty $33 price tag on this little guy.

To say I have loved using these products, is not enough praise. They were all fantastic. I love that everything in this range is 100% natural and organic. They are mineral oil, synthetic fragrant, colorant, sulfate, paraben, phenoxyethanol, silicone, PEG, PPG, DEA, TEA, phthalate, GMO and artificial preservative free. Wow, that is a mouthful eh? They are pretty pricey, I must admit but to get this quality in a product, I’m guessing takes a lot of work so it should be a little pricier. They also formulate and manufacture all products in-house and in small batches to ensure their quality and freshness whereas most beauty brands outsource manufacturing and even formulation so they can focus on branding and sales. I dont think I would run out and spend $460 on their kits but if they offered a few sample kits or smaller kits at a reasonable price, then I would 100% buy. 

Trying to find information on what to use the products for using the website is a bloody nightmare, I honestly can’t deal with minimal effort websites, and it usually puts me off buying products but when I DM`d them on twitter I had a response within a couple of minutes with regards to the clay and floral pot. It would be easier and better, in my opinion, to have instructions on the website with prices for each full sized product too. You will notice, there aren’t a lot of links to the products above as I just couldn’t find any. Tut Tut! I have since been notified that they are rebranding at the moment and all information will be updated asap as well as some new and exciting product launches :) 

As far as the products go, they are top notch, great quality items but as far as the website goes and finding information, it’s a bit bleak. Hopefully it’s sorted out soon but in the meantime, if you have any questions, I would suggest contacting them on Twitter as they are super quick and give detailed answers so you won’t be left wondering what the hell you are supposed to do with these amazing goodies. My top 3 items would have to be the Floral Pot, Lip Butter and Face Mask. They are just incredible and the difference in your skin after just one use is phenomenal.

Have you checked out my latest post featuring The Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |

* Some links may be affiliates but all thoughts are unbiased and 100% honest,
*Please click links on pictures for source.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. fab post - these products sound great!x

    Debs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the names of each product so cute, although they're a little more expensive than other products I still really like the sound of them. I may just have to treat myself considering pay day is right around the corner x

    Darling Jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a tad too expensive for me too. If they offered sample kits or smaller versions for cheaper, I think a lot more people would buy. I honestly love the floral pot, lip butter and face mask so try one of them first, you wont regret it xx

      Delete
  3. Yes, it feels counterproductive to a frugal existence, but life's too short, so if you do have any spare pennies, think about a pampering gift. It'll be muscle-melting stuff...Kūdikių Lovytės

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig