Monday 6 June 2016

theBalm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipsticks | Sincere & Sentimental

theBalm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipsticks

Sincere and Sentimental


Liquid Lipsticks


Meet Matte Hughes


theBalm Sincere


theBalm Sentimental


Liquid Lips

Hi guys,

Liquid lipsticks seem to be here to stay and I for one am very happy. Matte lipsticks are my favourite as they last so much longer on the lips than a regular lipstick. I am a big lover of the Jeffree Star Liquid Lipsticks as they are just phenomenal. They don’t dry out your lips, there is no crusting, they last for hours, they dry quickly and they look beautiful. I really want more Jeffree Star lipsticks but they are just so hard to get a hold of as they sell out instantly and the very few suppliers in the UK don’t have the full collection or they don’t replenish very often which is frustrating so I started to look elsewhere. The first brand I wanted to try was The Balm as I love their cult favourite, The Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter (£17.50), so when I caught a glimpse of the shade Sincere I knew I had to have it. I have also been told this is a dupe for one of JS newer shades, Gemini. I can’t confirm this as I don’t own both but apparently it’s true.

I bought the shades Sincere (Rusty) and Sentimental (Pink) both are £13.50. The first thing I noticed about the lipsticks apart from the colours, were the vanilla & mint scent, it’s quite potent and really nice. As with most liquid lipsticks, I tend to use a lip liner before I apply the product as it helps me stay in the lines so to speak as they can be a little hard to work with sometimes. I love the texture of these as they are quite thick, almost mousse like and they are really pigmented but I found that they took quite a while to dry. I normally apply a lip butter beforehand to stop my lips feeling dry throughout the day and it works fine with every other product I’ve used so I don’t think that had anything to do with the drying time. I would say a good 25 minutes after applying my lips were fully dry to the touch, that’s when my lips finally stopped sticking together. Not so good! However, once on, it Did.Not.Budge. There was no crusting, no bleeding outside the lips and my lips didn’t dry out.

Apart from the drying time, I really like these lipsticks. I would seriously buy more of them. If I ever get a hold of Jeffree Star Gemini, I will let you know if Sincere is an exact dupe or not but in the meantime, check out Dupe That’s post on this matter.

Do you have any liquid lipstick recommendations for me?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring The Naked Goods Company?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Sentimental looks beautiful but the drying time is a little off-putting! xx

    Beautylymin| Bobbi Brown Define & Glow Palette Gift Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous but the drying time is a little off putting xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig