Monday 6 October 2014

First Impressions | The Bakewell Soap Company

The Bakewell Soap Company - Beauty Talk With Lauren

The Bakewell Soap Company


Potato Soaps


Hey guys,

The Bakewell Soap Company* contacted me recently to ask if I wanted to sample their new product which is called Soaptatoes. How cute is that?! The company are based in Derbyshire, UK and they deal with all things skincare including Lip Care, Body ButtersEye CareSoaps and Foot Care.

I don’t know about you but I hadn't heard of this company before so I instantly checked out their website to find out more about them. I was pleased to find out they don’t test on animals and all products are cruelty free and natural. Considering the amount of awards they have won, I was also surprised that I hadn't heard about them before now.

"We started out making soap in our kitchen in New South Wales, Australia several years ago.  As a psoriasis sufferer Dharma wanted to find products that were not only kind on the skin but therapeutic. She loved soap but found most to be harsh and irritating (read more about the differences between handmade soap and mass-produced soap here) and full of unknown or undesirable ingredients. So she started making her own with natural and organic ingredients that were gentle on her skin. They were such a hit with friends and family she started selling her soaps at markets and soon built up a loyal customer base.  After a move back to England we decided to rebrand and call ourselves The Bakewell Soap Company, taking inspiration from our beautiful surroundings."

Now I’m not one for washing my face with soap, I hate the stripping sensation and the tightness it causes but I decided to try this out as all of the ingredients were natural. I was curious to see if that would make a difference and not leave my skin feeling so dry.

The products themselves are little potato shaped balls and pack a hell of a punch in the scent department. The first thing that grabbed my attention was the packaging, I mean look at how cute that little potato sack is.

The fragrances within each pouch is as follows:

Lavender & Poppy Seed: 
This is an exfoliating soap which helps sooth itchy, highly sensitive and problem skin.

Lemongrass & Ginger: 
This is my favourite of the bunch as it smells so fresh and amazing. This is to be used on psoriasis, acne-prone or inflamed skin. It helps to close pores and tone down oiliness. 

May Chang & Calendula: 
This has a strong lemon smell which is delightful. It is to be used on oily and blemish prone skin.

English Rose & Ylang Ylang: 
This has a very delicate and floral scent which helps balance sebum, the natural oil that generates on our skin. This soap works well with combination skin. 

Rhubarb & Raspberry: 
This is great for soothing any break outs and skin eruptions. This isn’t very strong smelling at all which is quite nice actually. 

Champa Flower & Honeysuckle: 
This soap helps to hydrate, moisturise and protect. A soap best suited for mature or dry skin. 

I have been using Lemongrass and Ginger as this one grabbed my attention straightaway due to the scent and the fact that it can help with my oily skin. I was also having a little inflammation problem due to some new creams I was sampling. The scent is so fresh and clean and the lather of this soap is perfect, it gives a nice even coat of product and it just felt like butter.  I know it’s a cardinal sin to use foaming products but after a few days use, I haven’t had any issues with this soap. It isn’t like any other soap I have used nor does it have that original soapy smell that normally puts me off.

As normal I have been cleansing my face twice a day and on each occasion I have been using the Lemongrass and Ginger soap. On days where I have worn makeup, I have used this as a second cleanser to remove the last traces of makeup and to clean my face. The only issue I have is the fact that it didn’t remove the last bits of mascara so I went in with cotton pads to get rid of that.

Each time I have used this my skin has felt clean and soft. I haven’t had any issues with tightness in my skin nor have I had any dry patches. I haven’t had any reactions either. I did feel a slight tingling sensation after the first use but I think it may have been because of the inflammation on my chin, it wasn't uncomfortable at all and eased off when I removed with water.

I can’t wait to try the others and give a full review on each one as they help with difference skin problems. Obviously the issues I don’t have means I will give the soap treatments to others and get their thoughts on them to give you an idea of how they work.

Have you heard of this brand?
Have you tried any of their products before?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring My September Favourites?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I have not heard of this brand before but the packaging is just too cute! Sounds like it is a lovely product too - going to check them out now :) xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is, i have loved using it this week and cant wait to move onto another scent soon :) xx

      Delete
  2. Haven't heard of them either, but the soap looks lovely and the packaging is cute. They would make a great birthday present for friends, what do you think?

    Caz xx
    http://lunchbreakadventures.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they really would. I love cute little things like this and i think any beauty lover would aswel xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig