Monday 20 October 2014

Zoella Beauty | Let's Glow

Zoella Beauty Lets Glow
Source

Zoella Lets Glow Fizz Bar
Source

Zoella Lets Glow Candle
Source

Hey guys

As you know Zoella is the biggest beauty Youtuber out there at the moment, I think she has something like 7 million followers and her social media following is off the charts too, so when she launched her new beauty line, I had to pick up a few bits to see what it was all about. The range is called Lets Glow and has everything from candles to bath products to makeup bags. I only picked up the Fizz Bar and the Candle as I wasn’t really feeling anything else to be honest and everything else seemed to be sold out on Superdrug and Feel Unique.

The packaging just screamed of Zoella, it was very clean looking as well as girly. The candle comes in a tin container which is very small but for the price tag, I wasn’t expecting a huge candle. It has a blend of white wood, sweet vanilla and soft floral notes. I wasn’t blown away with this to be honest, it was nice but wasn’t nice enough and was nowhere near strong enough for my tastes. The scent was very very faint and I couldn’t smell it throughout the day after I blew out my wick like I normally can with my favourite Yankie Candles. I can’t comment on the 20 hours of burning time as I didn’t sit down with a timer but i did use it over the course of 3 days and burned it for a few hours each day.

The Fizz Bar has exactly the same fragrance as the candle and again, I wasn't overly impressed with it. It is recommended to use 1 to 2 blocks of the “chocolate bar” bath product to create a nice fizz and to give the perfect bath but it completely disappeared once it hit the bath and the water didn’t look any different, it also didn’t smell strong at all. Not what I want from a bath product. I think I have been spoiled by all of Lush`s offerings and my Radox Herbal Bath Salts so I expected more from this but sadly I didn’t get it. The following night I decided to add in four blocks but it didn’t make a difference.

I expected to be totally relaxed by the fizz bar and sadly it didn’t offer anything other than being aesthetically pleasing but as far as scent wise and having a great bathing experience, I didn’t get it.

I hate that I wasn’t blown away by these products as I really like Zoe Sugg, I think she comes across very sincere and she is obviously doing something right to have the kind of following she does but sadly her products didn’t work for me. That’s not to say it won’t work for you but I am used to stronger smelling scents for my bath products and I expect bath bomb types to give me softer skin and a perfect bathing experience which these didn’t.

P.S I used Zoella's pictures from her blog as I could not get decent pictures. I have linked back to her website by writing "Source" under the picture so you can click that and it will take you straight to her blog post.


Have you tried the Lets Glow range?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring Charlotte Tilbury?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 

 
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I really like the Body Mist that was in this range but haven't tried anything else yet :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent tried anything else but i dont think i will bother tbh :( xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried anything from this range and tbh, I'm not rushing out to try anything either. I think Zoe is a lovely girl, don't get me wrong - I love her Youtube channel but I feel a bit meh about the products. Maybe I'm too old?! After reading your review, I think my gut was right. Have you tried Bomb Cosmetics bath bombs? Love them! :) xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its such a shame as i do like her. I havent tried them yet are they good? Xx

      Delete
  3. As much as I love Zoe I wasn't overly attracted by her products! The only thing that I said I would eventually pick up was the Fizz Bar, which I definitely won't bother after reading this review. Such a shame it wasn't what you had hoped it would be x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, im really disappointed. It has such beautiful packaging and Zoe is such a beautiful kind girl but i definitely wont be buying anymore of her products as they just dont seem worth it xx

      Delete
  4. Like Alina, I wasn't overly attracted to Zoe's products either but I was tempted to try the Fizz Bar. Such a shame it's not good. I think sometimes people rave about stuff just because of the brand, rather than the product itself. So thanks for an honest review. I think I'll save my money and spend in Lush instead. :) x

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lush is definitely worth it, i feel as though she is just a pretty face for someone elses products rather than something she has sat down and done herself as i feel it doesnt really represent her as much as i thought it would xx

      Delete
  5. It's refreshing to read a review that isn't raving about this - I'm sure it's perfectly ok but it is what it is - a fairly basic range, with the Zoella name and associated price mark-up.

    http://lovesandloathes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes very basic!! She could have started off with a selection of different coloured & scented bath bombs to see how they faired rather than a full range with the same scent! Xx

      Delete
  6. I purchased the fizz bar and bath soak/shower cream, I love using the fizz bar as it's what I expected, a mild scent, small fizz and relaxing qualities, however the bath soak is a bit disappointing as the bubbles don't last at all, though it's lovely as a shower cream!

    You do have to think about the fact her products are really cheap so I wasn't expecting them to be amazing, it's why I only bought the items I'd actually use. I do want the mist though!

    Colourful Stuff | Beauty, Fashion, Life ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i only wanted to try these 2 products but i wasn't feeling the fizz bar at all. Lush offer a better variety for a cheaper price than Zoellas so i will stick to them i think :) xx

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried them yet but I did smell the candle when I was in superdrug & the scent didn't seem very strong. The only thing I wanted to try was the fizz bar but I don't think I'll bother now. I guess when you think it's £5 for that and you could get two lush bath bombs for a similar price, I know which one id rather have! Haha
    Jess x
    http://sprinkleofneon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah thats my thought on it aswel :) The candle was actually really nice, it gave enough of a scent to relax but i agree that it could have been stronger xx

      Delete
  8. I adore the zoella range although I understand what you mean, the packaging is adorable and the price isn't to bad. I would buy her stuff again as I love the smell:)

    TeenageFashionUK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen a lot of great reviews but sadly its not for me :( im glad you enjoyed it, have you done a review? i wouldn't mind checking it out xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Yeah you should defo try out some things from her range xx

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig