Friday 27 March 2015

My Student Friendly Everyday Face

My Student Friendly Everyday Face

Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer

Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder


Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in 15 Seductive Pink


Max Factor Creme Puff Blush


Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara and NYC Liquid Eyeliner


Hi guys,

I had a bit of writers block recently and couldn’t find any inspiration but after spending a few hours online I started to get my mojo back and decided to put together a student friendly post. I didn’t see anyone with this post, although I’m sure there will be a few out there as it’s obviously not an original idea. I myself am a student; I decided to go back to college after working for 12 years in the customer service industry either in retail, hairdressing or a good old fashioned call centre to study accounting. I figured I was good with numbers so I might as well get a grown up career where I can use my skills to the best of my abilities. So far I have completed a HNC and one of my major exams within the HND program, both with A pass marks which was a bit of a shock but I am proud of what I have accomplished and hope to get another A or B on my final exam in May! What I am trying to say is, I understand the money struggles that go hand in hand with the student lifestyle so I wanted to put together a beauty based post for all you students out there or younger readers who don't have a lot of spare cash.

I have combination skin, I have an oily tzone and dry cheeks every so often and I also suffer from sensitive skin. I have picked products that work best for my skin type. I prefer powder products but if you want to substitute out for cream based products then feel free to do so.

As everyone knows, the morning make up routine can be a bit of a struggle as we are tired and might not be arsed putting on a full face. I normally keep all of my items on top of my dresser so I can grab them, shove them on my face and not worry about spending more than five minutes applying. I start my morning by cleansing my face and applying my skincare products. I then have my breakfast, a cuppa tea and get dressed to allow my skincare to absorb.

I have seven go to products and I start off by applying my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (£9.99) and blend this in very quickly with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush (part of the core collection £21.99). Normally I don’t have time to apply a primer so I make sure I spend an extra minute or two perfecting my foundation. I then apply some Rimmel Wake Me up Concealer (£5.49) under my eyes and on any blemishes before patting in with my fingers. Once my base is good I then work a little Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (£3.99) all over my face and then apply some Crème Puff Blusher (£8.99) in 15 Seductive Pink, the name suggests it’s a cream product but it’s very much a powder product. 

Once my face is all good to go, I apply Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil (£10) to my brows and comb through. I then apply the best eyeliner ever, in my opinion, the NYC Liquid Eyeliner in Pearlised Black (£2.49) (sometimes I miss this step if I am really running late) and then coat my lashes in the gorgeous Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara in Very Black (£7.99) and that’s me done. When I am going to college I can’t really be bothered picking out the perfect lipstick so I normally throw on whatever lip balm is in my bag or jacket pocket and then run out the door. I always set my makeup with some setting spray as I am running out the door ha-ha.

Superdrug and Boots normally have 3 for 2 offers so if you are buying any of these, pick your favourite 3 and you will get the cheapest one free. Superdrug also offers free delivery on all orders over £10 so TAKE ADVANTAGE! I would also highly recommend getting a Boots Advantage Card and a Superdrug Beauty card which you can get in store as they allow you to save up your points which can go towards something special later on down the line.

What products what be in your Student Friendly make up bag?

Do you use any of these products?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring Double Cleansing
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |   
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. The Max Factor Creme Puff blushes look gorgeous - i've heard they're great dupes for the Hourglass blushes. Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer is a great concealer, especially for brightening up under eyes.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent tried the Hourglass blushes yet so i cant really comment but they are beautiful and pack a real punch xx

      Delete
  2. Great choices. I love the Healthy Mix foundations. They feel so lovely on the skin. Those Max Factor blushes also look incredible and very high end. I must get my hands on one. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should pick some up honey, they are gorgeous xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig