Sunday 8 March 2015

Skincare | The Importance of Double Cleansing

The Importance of Double Cleansing
Source


Hello guys,

I have been reading a few skincare posts over the past couple of weeks and I am shocked to see people are still taking a full face of make up with either a face wipe or micellar water on a cotton pad and then carrying on with their expensive skincare routine which in my opinion is pretty pointless. The whole point of cleansing your face is to remove the dirt from it which won’t be removed by one wipe or cotton pad, please believe me on that matter! With double cleansing AND a good skincare routine you are reducing the chances of blackheads, whiteheads, blemishes, spots etc. and let’s be honest, who doesn’t love a fresh clean face at the end of the night and first thing in the morning.

I started double cleansing a couple of years ago when I read an article by the one and only Caroline Hirons who, for me, is the most influential skincare expert out there. She doesn't load you up with useless information but rather she helps you and makes it easy to follow a simple routine which will make your skin become the best it can be. I have noticed a major difference in my skin and I also thank this brilliant lady for introducing me to some of the most wonderful products I have ever tried.


When cleansing your face with a face wipe, it isn't actually cleaning anything. All it does is remove the makeup not give your skin the goodness it needs and deserves. I have put together numerous skincare posts over the past year so I won’t rabbit on with everything that I use but I will discuss my favourite cleansers and how I wash my face.

Double Cleansing
Source


When I wear makeup I love to remove it as soon as I get home as I love a fresh cleansed face and I also like all of my skincare products to sink in for a few hours before heading to bed. I never use any foaming products on my face as they are very drying and I feel like they just strip away the essential oils so I stick to cleansing balms or oils for my first cleanse.  You know by now that I absolutely love the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm (£36)  but I equally love the Merumaya Cleansing Balm (£14.50) too as they both remove every trace of my makeup including waterproof mascara and don't irritate my skin. I take a little product and rub it all over my face starting with my eyes as they normally have the most products. Once I have melted off my makeup, I use a fresh wash cloth and lukewarm water to remove.


I then go in with my Magnitone and another face wash to fully cleanse my skin. You can use the same cleanser as you used to remove your makeup but I prefer to use something else such as my Alpha H Balancing Cleanser (£25) or Cetaphyl Gentle Skin Cleanser (£8.99)


Cleansing
Source

If my skin is a little sensitive then I use a gentle exfoliator such as the Yes to Carrots Fragrance Free Exfoliator (£6.99) or the Clean and Clear Exfoliating Daily Wash (£2.99) which I rub into my face and then wash off with lukewarm water rather than my Magnitone.

This is all I do to actually wash my face and sometimes I am surprised to see I still have a tiny bit of dirt on my face when I apply my toner so if you are only using a face wipe or make up remover then you can be guaranteed that you are just moving the dirt about on your face which will cause breakouts and not be completely cleaning your skin.

It’s never too late to start, but if you are young and reading this then please try it and see how you get on. I guarantee after a week you will notice a difference in your face and your skin will 100% thank you. I understand some of the products above may be too expensive so here are a list of cleansers I have tried previously and loved. I do have oily skin so you may have to look out for cleansers for your skin type. Please see my skin type for beginners post by clicking here which will help you figure out your skin type.


How do you normally cleanse?
What other products would you recommend?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring 144 Eyeshadows
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |   

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I will usually use the Body shop silky oil cleanser and then will go in with a bit of micellar water to make sure that my face is clean but I do admit that I have in the past been lazy and not done all that and my skin doesn't thank me for it :(

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah if i forget to take my makeup off after a night out my skin just feels and looks horrible for days afterwards xx

      Delete
  2. Great topic! I really believe in the power of double cleansing. My skin has improved a lot since I started doing it. I usually remove my makeup with a cotton pad and my Garnier Micellar Water then I wash my face with one of my cleansers and wipe it off with a warm, damp muslin cloth. Makes a world of difference to the skin. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you get the majority off with a cotton pad and make up remover and then use a cleanser that's fine but im honestly flabbergasted that people miss out the cleansing stage! xx

      Delete
  3. I need to check out Caroline Hirons once and for all. So many people always mention her. I've been double cleansing, sometimes triple cleansing, for years and I couldn't imagine not doing it. Even when I'm exhausted, have had a long night out, whatever...always, always.

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it shocks me when people say they don't do it, i just think how dirty must your face be!! xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig