Thursday 11 September 2014

Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation

Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation



Hi guys,

I thought I would give you a little personal update since I haven’t done so in a little while.  I have been hitting the gym hard this week and can already feel the benefits. My legs, bum and arms are killing me, even as I type this I am whimpering but it’s worth it. I love getting into a routine so when I started college again in August, I really wanted to get a gym membership. As I am a student, I shopped around for the best deals with the best gyms and glad I found one in South Lanarkshire where I got 50% off.

Obviously I had to buy some fitness gear too so I went a bit crazy and bought some new tops and leggings to spur me on. I have also began eating very healthy again and I won’t be drinking any wine during the week like I do when Liam is home. That’s right, I blame Liam. I don't know what it is but when he comes home from work, I just want to go crazy and eat and drink everything in sight which obviously isn’t good. Anyway, your all here to read a review so let’s get on with it.

I was lucky enough to grab a little sample of the Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation (£7.99) in the shade Ivory which was perfect for my skin tone. It has SPF 20 and is very lightweight. I think it would be perfect for holidays or hot days in the UK. Obviously we know there aren’t a lot of them but when they do come, you can slap this on and know you are safe. The texture of the foundation is quite weird, not something I have felt before but after reading the description it was plain to see it was due to it having a moisturising serum in the mix.

The foundation itself was very easy to apply, it blended nicely and gave a medium finish which was a little on the sheer side. It evened out my skin tone, covered scars well but I could still see my skin underneath if that makes sense. I loved how it looked once applied as it gave a certain glow too. It states it’s a 25 hour foundation, I don’t know about that as foundations rarely live up to that hype. I did wear it from 7am to 8pm and had no problems with it fading so that's a good sign. This was very nice but I found it started to oxidise throughout the day, nothing horrendous but it was noticeable so grab the correct shade for you as you may think it looks ok and then half way through the day you look like Jim Carrey from The Mask if you catch my drift.

You could definitely build this foundation up to give a fuller coverage if you wanted to but I think it’s perfect the way it is. As you know, I have oily skin and it worked perfectly well on me, it felt quite hydrating so I would recommend for dry skin too, but get a little sample before you buy as it will work differently on each person and I don't want any skin problems to be created on the back of my review, this is just my opinion.

I think I will be picking up the full size of this pretty soon from Boots as it’s amazing, it gives a lightweight flawless finish to the skin and leaves it looking radiant, plus is lasts for ages on me.


Have you tried this out yet?
What were your thoughts about it?
Let me know in the comments below.


 Have you checked out my latest post featuring Herbal Essences Clearly Naked Volume 0% Range?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This is the first I've heard of this foundation. I didn't even know Rimmel had a new foundation out but will definitely have to give it a go soon x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, i was lucky enough to catch an advert on tv a couple of nights ago and then decided to get a sample. It is really good and for only £7.99 a bargain for a decent foundation xx

      Delete
  2. Have heard a bit about this foundation - like you, I never believe the 25hour thing! Who wears makeup for 25hrs?! Will definitely try get my hands on a sample xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never seen this reply until now!! Sorry for ignoring you hunny :(

      Have u tried the foundation yet? xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig