Monday 9 February 2015

Skincare Saviours | My Winter Products

Skincare Saviours My Winter Products

Hello lovely`s,


I decided to put together a post featuring my full winter skincare routine. As we all know, the harsh weather really does a number on our skin and I know that I need to add moisture back in, hydration and any products that will give me beautifully glowing skin. All things I lose in winter.  I have stopped using my Magnitone every night as my skin was really sore so it was time to cut it down from every night to a few times per week. It’s still a fantastic cleansing brush but I don’t think I need it every night. 


Cleansers

Cleansing
This is the most important step for me. I always double cleanse meaning I take all of my make up off with a micellar water and cotton pads before washing the rest of with a cleanser and then working in an exfoliator to remove dead skin and really clean my face. This ensure that all the trapped dirt from that day will have been removed. I am using two different cleansers at the moment, the Alpha H Balancing Cleanser with Aloe Vera (£25) to remove my makeup after micellar water stage and then Yes to Carrots Exfoliating Cleanser (£6.99) to clean my face. 


Balance Hyaluronic 554 Youth Serum

Serum
I picked up the Balance Hyaluronic 554 YouthSerum (£3.99) from my local B&M a few weeks ago and I have to say I am loving it. This has really given my skin the love and attention it needs. It feels like water and sinks in perfectly without leaving a residue on my skin.


Face Oils

Oils
I use oils in the morning and at night under and over my moisturiser. If I wear makeup then I don't bother with oil as a last step as my makeup slips right off my face. If I have a no makeup day then I apply the oils as normal to make sure I am getting as much goodness into my skin as possible.

I picked up Bio Oil (from £8.99) as I wanted it to help with scarring as I ran out of my Alpha H. This has been great, it has removed my faded scars and I am still working on my cystic scars from hormonal acne along my jawline. This is great for dehydrated/dry skin. As a last step I finish off my skincare routine with the Caudalie Divine Oil for an extra hit of moisture and luxury. 


Moisturisers

Moisturisers 
I have been using my Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream (£70) in the morning as it is such a luxurious cream that helps promote luminous skin. It smells phenomenal and leaves my skin feeling beautiful. I will wear this on no makeup days and apply Bio Oil under it and Caudalie oil over the top but if I am going to wear makeup, I only apply this moisturiser. At night, after I have applied my Bio Oil, I will normally throw on some Sudocrem Skin Care Cream (£1.99) or Nivea Crème (£3.56) as these are thick and soothing creams. I love how soft these leave my skin and I also love how they absorb. The Nivea Crème does take a while to sink in but if you are anything like me and take off your make up at 5pm then this will have sunk in nicely by the time you go to bed.

Facemasks

Masks 
I love facemasks and I need to have multiple ones on rotation. In the winter, I use these more frequently as my skin needs some extra TLC. I use Mask of Magnaminty (from £5.50), which exfoliates and leaves your skin looking very healthy, Sanctuary Spa Thermal Detox Mask (£10) which detoxes your skin and draws out impurities and Una Brennan Intense Moisture Mask (£8.99) which adds a burst of hydration back into your skin. 


Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid

Intense Treatments 
I use this Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Toning Complex (£27) at night time only. I will double cleanse and then apply this and leave it at that stage. This tingles a little once applied but my skin looks incredible in the morning. 


Nivea Lip Butter

Lips
Can’t forget about the lips can we? The only product I have been using recently is the Nivea Lip Butter in Blueberry Blush (£2.25). I love the scent, how hydrated and soft my lips feel and also the price. It feels too luxurious to have such a low price tag but it works.

So there we have it guys, this is my skincare saviours for winter. I am loving how these leave my skin looking and feeling throughout these colder months. If you have dry skin or oily skin like myself, then I would recommend the oils, the masks and the serum as they offer so much for the skin. 

What is in your winter routine?
Have you tried any of these products before?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring Mac Honeylove
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |   
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh wow - you have so many things I lust after here - both cleansers , the Charlotte tilbury cream, the una Brennan and Peter Roth! You've reminded me how much I need these in my life x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm constantly on the look out for something new to add to a routine, especially skincare! I think I can vouch that everyone gets a breakout once in a while, luckily mine aren't too bad... great post however! :) x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig