Wednesday 25 February 2015

Mac Cosmetics | Prep and Prime Highlighter

MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter

Prep and Prime Light Boost

Hey lovelies, 

I am a bit of a concealer fiend and I have recently been reaching for lighter shades to highlight the high points of my face as well as covering my dark circles. One that I have been using is this Mac Prep and Prime Highlighter (£18.50) which is just amazing! It comes in four shades including Radiant Rose, Bright Forecast, Peach Lustre and the shade I bought, Light Boost.  Peach Lustre is the darkest of the four but I don’t think it is dark enough for darker skin tones which is a shame. Mac could really benefit from having a fifth and sixth shade in their line which would benefit more people.

The highlighter is in a twisty pen form meaning you just twist the end of it to get the product out. Be careful though as a lot comes out with just one turn. I normally use Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19) to cover my dark circles and any blemishes before using this highlighter as I want them to be completely covered. I normally run this just under my eyes in an upside down triangle shape and blending up to my temples and over the tops of my cheekbones. I also go down the bridge of my nose, middle of my forehead between my brows (blending up and out) and the middle of my chin. This will make those areas pop once blended out. I normally use my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (£5.99) as i feel it is the best tool for the job as it gets into the nooks and crannies of my face whilst making it look flawless. The consistency is quite sheer, it looks full coverage when you first apply it, but it isn't at all. Be mindful that it's a highlighter and not a concealer so don't try to cover blemishes as it will only make them stand out, not conceal them.

I am a contour kind of a girl so whether it be out for a lunch, a day out with friends/family or a night out, I love having a fully contoured face (not too much) and I feel this highlighter adds extra oomph! The lasting power is also pretty amazing, once it’s on and set, it ain't moving. It is pretty easy to blend out too but as I said, I find my RT sponge to be the best tool for the job.

All in all, a great little product. It’s my first venture into highlighting my face and I have to say, I’m pretty smitten with it.

Do you highlight your face?
Have you tried this product?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring My New Workout Routine
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |   
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Great review - this sounds like a great option for a highlighter :) I normally use Mary Lou-Manizer to highlight xx

    Brenda BusyBee | Bella & Bear Pro Makeup Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh i love Mary Lou-Manizer, i actually need to buy another one as ive ran out xx

      Delete
  2. I used this all up a couple of years ago, I loved it! Such a nice product ;) xx
    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really beautiful and works into the skin so beautifully xx

      Delete
  3. I've hear so many great things about this, I really need to get my hands on it soon... It sounds amazing x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I've heard lots of good things about this! I definitely want to try. Great review :) xx

    Amy | The Perks of Being Amy

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig