Wednesday 11 February 2015

Burberry | Effortless Liquid Eyeliner


Burberry Effortless Liquid Eyeliner

Eyeliner

Burberry Effortless Liquid Eyeliner Swatches



Hello guys,

As you know I picked up this Burberry Effortless Liquid Eyeliner (£23) in a recent haul. I had been eyeing it up for a while and finally took the leap. I just love the packaging and I love the fact that a gorgeous booklet filled with pictures of Kate and Cara was thrown in too as I love these girls. A ribbon was also included which was doused in their fragrance My Burberry (£52 to £75) which is stunning. I will need to pick up a bottle soon.

I haven’t tried a lot of high end eyeliners as I love drugstore varieties but I decided to try Burberry's one to see how good it was. It’s a felt tip liner which I haven’t used before and it is the blackest black shade. The way I have been using this is on its side by dabbing along my lash line as if you use it like a felt tip it pulls on the eye which isn’t a nice feeling. The tip is ok for creating a flick but I’m not wowed by this eyeliner. I feel like it will dry out quickly which isn’t ideal for that hefty price tag.  

I have found myself going over the liner with my trusty NYC Liquid Liner (£5.51) as it does a much better job for when I want a thicker line and a first class wing. However, the lasting power is great, even when I was trying to remove, I had to go in with a fair amount of makeup remover before going back in with my cleanser. I also liked the fact that it didn’t smudge throughout the day and there was no seeping at the corners of my eyes like some liners do.

Once this has dried up, I wouldn’t buy again as it’s not for me. It may work for you but I am used to my NYC liner which does a far better job in my opinion.

Have you tried any of the Burberry line?

Do you like felt tip liners?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring My Winter Skincare Saviours
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |   
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. It's a shame that for the price you don't absolutely love it. It does have a really intense black shade to it though and it's great that it lasts so well. I haven't tried any Burberry makeup yet sadly. My favourite eyeliner is good old L'Oreal Superliner x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent used Loreal superliner for years but i used to love it when it first came out, i might need to try it again ha xx

      Delete
  2. I have only ever tried the Weekender perfume from Burberry - never given their makeup line a go. What a pity you didn't love it as it's obviously quite a pricey purchase! Lasting power sounds good though :) x

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lasting power is amazing, but i think i will stick to my little NYC liner instead xx

      Delete
  3. I'm loving Burberry at the moment. Recently bought two of their single eyeshadows and I'm in love. I will probably buy more products from them in the future. But eyeliner... I'm not sure I'd splurge on it when I love my £2.29 Collection Eyeliner. Cheap, really black & also long lasting. xx

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, i totally agree. I dont think eyeliner should be a splurge item especially when there are soo many cheaper varieties that are better xx

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried this or any Burberry makeup, actually. Last year though, I was eyeing another pricey liquid liner by Chanel - it swatched so beautifully on the hand. I still think about it, hehe. But I already my HGs which are the Stila Liquid Liner and Kat Von D's tropper. Maybe one day when I get around to finally making acquaintances with Burberry :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try more from Burberry but to be honest i love my little £2 eyeliner from NYC too much to really bother with anything else but this stood out and i wanted to try it. I haven't tried anything from Stila apart from blushers so i may have to try them next :) xx

      Delete
  5. The quality is absolutely amazing!

    thecollectionofknowledge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This kind of liner can be amazing but I find it so hard to find the perfect one! The famous Kat Von D one is great :) This sounds interesting but having to use two different liners doesn't excites me much! ;) xx
    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dying to try the KVD one as everyone raves about it. I might need to do an online Sephora haul soon haha xx

      Delete
  7. Hi lovely,

    How are you? thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on the Burberry eyeliner, I'm always on the look out for new felt tip liquid eyeliner so reading your post today was fascinating. The eyeliner looks stunning and from your pictures one can tell how delicate the tip is. I don't like it when it doesn't apply smoothly and the Burberry one seems rather pricey. However the intensity looks superb and as you've said it is an additional bonus that it came with a gorgeous packaging. Your pictures look gorgeous in today's post by the way. Hope to catch up soon xxx

    Caz | Lunch Break Adventures

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig