Friday 13 February 2015

New Workout Routine

My Workout Routine - Beauty Talk With Lauren
Source
Hello guys,

After a festive break from the gym I decided to get back into the swing of things by creating a new 12 week program for myself which consists of weights, high intensity interval training (HIIT) and cardio. I plan on doing this between 4 and 6 times per week depending on how busy I am with college.

I was going to classes and swimming previously but it’s too cold now and my knees have been aching after all the classes so I decided to change it up and include more cardio and take the classes down to the bare minimum. I’ve also changed my eating habits by cutting out all snacks from my diet and focusing on three square meals per day. I normally have a carb heavy meal after the gym as I am always starving and this helps to keep me fuller for longer as well as curbing my hunger. I always have healthy lunches in college and stick to herbal teas and water throughout the day but sometimes I am partial to a cheeky McDonald's or a takeaway when Liam is home. I have cut out sugar, white carbs and fruit from my diet as I always felt bloated with them. I am missing fruit though as I love the stuff. I have also stopped having a glass of wine during the week and have cut down at the weekend, unless it’s a proper night out with friends or family. I don't believe in cutting everything bad out completely but I take it easy on the calories and just find that these little things help me. 

Warm Up: 10 minutes.
I normally go for a walk on the treadmill to warm up before starting anything strenuous, this normally lasts about 10 minutes. I start off at speed 4.5 and incline 2 before building up to speed 5.5 and an incline of 7-8 to really work my muscles and get ready for a good cardio session.

Weights: 3 sets of 10 reps.
Hip Abductor and Adductor - This works inside and outside the thighs.
Lat Pulldown - Works back, arms and shoulders.
Mid Row, Chest Supported - This is great for the back.
Leg Press - Amazing for butt and thighs
Shoulder Press - Does wonders for shoulders.
Abdominal Twist - Stomach muscles get a proper work out with this machine.
Ab work including Sit Ups with medicine ball, Plank (3 x 30 secs), Wall Slide (3 x 30 secs), Oblique Sit Ups and Roman Twists with weight.

HIIT: 10 - 15 minutes
I normally do this on the bike as it’s my favourite machine. I use the aerobic setting which indicates when you should work harder and when you should have a rest. This is great at getting your heart rate up and really working you hard. I end up sweating like a demon after so I know I have had a good workout.

Cardio: 30 minutes
I normally stay on the bike for my cardio session and change the setting to Rolling Hills. I leave it at level five and keep my reps per minute between 75 & 90. This is the most boring bit of the work out to be honest as I end up losing focus and want to do something else but I pop on the TV and find a show I like, normally this is Frasier or Everyone Loves Raymond in the morning, Charmed mid-morning or The Chase if its later in the evening. That way, I forget about the workout and it’s over quicker as my focus has shifted.


I keep hydrated throughout the day by drinking roughly three litres of water, a lot of herbal teas and maybe a diet coke if I feel like one.  I drink this amount as I want to replenish the water I have lost through working out as I sweat so much and end up with a sore head due to dehydration. So there we have it, this is what I have been doing so far. I obviously haven’t seen any results yet apart from clearer skin due to all the water but it’s a new routine so fingers crossed I see some difference at the end of the twelve weeks.  

Have you checked out my latest post featuring A New Burberry Purchase
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |   

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I go to the gym two times a week and split my workout into upper and lower body (with abs and cardio every time), but I wish I could do it two times more! Love your routine, there are some great exercises in there and I'm so impressed with your hiit and cardio! I have to be better with my eating though as it makes all the difference ;) xx
    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog recently and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    Interesting posts and beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so need to get myself together with a routine. Reading others talk about what they are doing definitely helps in the motivation department. Good luck on your twelve week plan and be sure to keep us updated!

    Beauty Isles | Spotlight on Marc Jacobs Beauty Spring 2015 Collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmy, i will keep you posted. Good luck with your routine xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig