Monday 11 May 2015

My April Favourites



My April Favourites

Hi guys,

April sure went in quick didn’t it? I tried to get this post up sooner but I have been studying away and totally neglecting my blog recently as I only have 9 days before I sit the final exam of my HND, fingers crossed I get an A or B but I’m not going to lie, it’s going to be hard.  

April was a great month, I had my first ever blogger event, I celebrated my first year blogging anniversary and I got to meet some great bloggers too. This month I have Liam’s 30th birthday so I have a few surprises up my sleeve for him, hopefully he enjoys what I have planned. Unfortunately he will be working for most of May so he won’t be here for his birthday, nor will he be allowed to celebrate it as he will be stuck on an oil rig for 3 weeks! It’s a good thing he doesn't care about birthdays but I do so hopefully he has fun when he comes home with myself, his family and friends. I have planned a night at the dog races for all of our friends and family and also a paintballing day for him and 15 of his nearest and dearest plus an extra surprise just for him, I don’t want to say it just now in case he reads this and it ruins the surprise but hopefully he enjoys his 3 weeks at home with all the little surprises I have lined up.

Back to this post though. The first item I have absolutely adored this month is the L’Oréal Matte Infallible Foundation (£6.99) this foundation is the first in my collection that hasn't had to be set with a powder and has actually lasted all day. Throughout the day, it didn’t budge at all. I will have a full review of this very shortly. Keeping up with makeup, I have also rediscovered my love for the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms (£7.99), the one I have been reaching for almost every day is the shade Elusive which is a gorgeous pink shade that lasts on the lips without drying them out. As with everyone else, I have fallen head over heels in love with the Max Factor Crème Puff Blushers (£8.99). My favourite is shade Seductive Pink, which gives a gorgeous hint of colour as well as a little added highlight to the cheeks which is a look I am loving at the moment.

Skincare has been my real love this month. I will have a new skincare post up very soon with all the products that have completely changed my skin, for the better. The first thing I have absolutely loved is the Yes to Carrots Exfoliating Cleanser (£6.99). This is so gentle on the skin and can be used as an everyday cleanser, the only thing is, it’s not great at removing every trace of mascara so if you want to purchase, I would suggest using an oil/gel/balm cleanser first and then using this as a second cleanser. Balance Active Formula Hyaluronic 554 Youth Serum (£3.99) and Nip & Fab Dragons Blood Fix Plumping Serum (£19.95) have been the greatest serums ever invented in my opinion, between the two of them, I have had added so much moisture back into my skin which has in turn completely transformed my skin.

Masks have been another favourite this month and amongst them is the facemask, Cupcake (£6.50) from Lush. This mask is something else entirely, it smells like an absolute dream and has also worked at calming down any blemishes I had. Since using it, I haven’t had one breakout so to say this is a life saver is a massive understatement. 

I have 2 non beauty favourites this month which are the movies Avenger: Age of Ultron and Big Eyes. Avengers needs no introduction at all, it’s one of the biggest movie franchises out there and brings together some of the most amazing superheroes including Iron Man, Thor *swoons*, Captain America and The Hulk amongst others. If you love superhero films, then I suggest you grab a friend, large popcorn and prepare to be blown away! Big Eyes is a film I stumbled across and stars the amazing Amy Adams and tells the incredible story of artist Margaret Keane and her attention seeking husband Walter Keane. I didn’t expect much from this film to be honest but I was blown away by the acting, especially from Christoph Waltz who plays Walter, there are some incredible scenes from him and in my opinion he steals the movie. Please, please, watch this, it might not be for everyone but I loved it.

I have a lot more in my favourites but if I carried on I would probably have enough material for three blog posts so I won’t bore you but I will tell you another few without too much detail. These are the May Chang Citrus Pocket Balm (£4.95), NYC Liquid Eyeliner (£2.49), Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream (£70), Maybelline Color Elixir in Petal Plush (£6.99), Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream (from £35), Soap & Glory Orangeasm Super Rich Body Butter (£10) and the Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer (£29).


What have you loved in April?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring Bio Oil
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I've been wondering about the matching Infallible primer that goes with the L'Oreal foundation. I love the Max Factor Creme Puff blushes, I have it in Lovely Pink. I'm considering getting it in Nude Mauve, I actually think it'd be amazing for contouring my pale skin. I also love the Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at Nude Mauve for contouring too! great minds eh? I really want to pick up the primer too to see if it adds anything different xx

      Delete
  2. Hello lovely hope you're well! I love that L'Oreal foundation I've recently just bought the infallible primer and I love it! As for Laura mercier I need to invest in more products! But will defo be adding that primer to my shopping list!! Do you have instagram or Twitter? I'd love to follow you. I'm @__jenross and also on snapchat if you have it jennyrossxo lots of love Jen x




    Jennifer Ross MUA borntoblend.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, i think i follow you in everything now haha, sorry took me ages to reply to these comments due to studying non stop. You really need to try Laura Mercier primers and foundations, they are fab xx

      Delete
  3. I bought the L'Oreal foundation on the weekend and I am super excited to try it out! I hope it works on my skin as well as it seems to on everyone else :) x

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great foundation isnt it! I have been loving it xx

      Delete
  4. Love the composition of this photo! Really beautiful!

    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig