Tuesday 28 April 2015

Bio Oil as Skincare


Bio Oil as Skincare

Bio Oil

Bio Oil

Hi guys,

The scars on my face have got to be one of the most annoying things that’s ever happened to me. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not walking around with hundreds of them but having a few around my chin from past blemishes is enough to infuriate me. I hate having anything on my face that shouldn't be there so when I get a cyst under my skin that doesn't come to a head but instead leaves a bruise on my skin, I head straight to my skincare products to find something which will take away the evidence of it ever being there.

I normally use Alpha H Liquid Gold as this is a treatment serum which works wonders on my skin and helps to even out my skin tone but I ran out and being a poor student I just couldn't justify the hefty price tag so I decided to look for a cheaper alternative. I`d heard great things about Bio Oil (from £8.99) from the blogging community and from a few of my friends and family who have had children so when I was walking through Boots I decided to pick up a bottle to see if it was really worth the hype. I know its for stretch marks but after reading the packaging, I knew I needed it to help a sister out.

Bio Oil according to their website, has a unique blend of natural plant oils and vitamins including Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Calendula Oil, Lavender Oil, Rosemary Oil and Chamomile Oil which has been clinically proven to help with scars, stretch marks, dehydrated skin, uneven skin tone and ageing skin. As I have quite sensitive skin I was a bit worried about using it but after reading up about it I found out that it is both hypo-allergenic and acnegenic which put my mind at ease.

Since purchasing it over 3 months ago, I have been using it religiously every morning and every evening to help combat the problem of uneven skin tone, dry skin and obviously to help diminish any scars. I have been using this after cleansing and toning my face which I then work into my skin in circular motions.

First things first, the oil feels super light (I only used a small amount) and absorbs into my skin straight away, this is a bonus because I hate feeling like I have anything on my face. The scent isn't intrusive, it is quite mellow which is an aspect of it that I like. Like I said, I have been using this for the past 3 months now and I can’t help but feel disappointed as I haven't noticed a huge difference yet! The brand do recommend using the product for 3 months before making judgement as this is how long it should take to clear up the skin but no, it didn't really help with the scars to be honest, the faded ones which were already on their way seemed to fade even further but as for the more prominent ones from recent blemishes, it didn't do much to change them. A plus side of the oil is how well my skin has reacted to it with regards to my dry areas, it has felt very nourishing and worked wonders on my skin. Using this along with my Balance Active Youth Serum (£3.99) and the Nip & Fab Dragons Blood range has really helped to ease the dry areas on my face.

Would I recommend for scar removals? Unless they are minimal and may disappear over time then no I wouldn't. Would I recommend as part of a skincare routine for dry skin? Yes! This really is a great oil for dry and dehydrated skin and will help anyone who suffers from this skin type. I recently introduced my sister to this oil as she suffers from dehydrated skin and she has noticed a huge difference!

Have you used Bio Oil before?
What are your thoughts on it?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring My Top Five Makeup Tools
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |   
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I love Bio Oil so much <3 It got rid of my stretchmarks, I was smitten! I didn't know you could use it for past blemishes (I also have a few on my chins which left scars) So I'll give it another go :)
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, i thought i would try it out on my skin, i do like it and it has cleared up some of the faint ones but its taking a bit longer for any newer scars. Its also great for baths and things but i havent tried this side of it yet xx

      Delete
  2. The bio-oil sounds great, but I wouldn't use it on my face. The ingredients list doesn't sound super healthy...:) for blemishes, what works really well, is the tamanu oil:
    https://www.facebook.com/1388698924779552/photos/pb.1388698924779552.-2207520000.1430551219./1394355547547223/?type=3&theater
    :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magdalena, i will have a look at it and check out some reviews xx

      Delete
  3. I've always wondered about Bio Oil...its one of those long time cult products that I've never tried. Souinds like it may not be a miracle worker but a nice, inexpensive oil to add to the routine to hydrate skin. :-)


    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been using bio oil for the past 5 years and it works amazing. Now that im pregnant i have little signs of stretched marks because i started back using bio oil instead of cocoa butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good isnt it. Would you recommend cocoa butter rather than bio oil for stretch marks then? xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig