Saturday 7 June 2014

Raw Tahini & Coffee Slices

Raw Tahini & Coffee Slices
Raw Tahini & Coffee Slices with hazelnuts & apple slices.

Hi guys, 

As I said in my last post about Spirulina I have been trying to eat healthier and get a better quality of food going through my system so I have started to make some delicious healthy snacks which are also raw and vegan.

Yesterday I made raw tahini & coffee slices which were fantastic. I would suggest getting yourself into your kitchen and giving them a bash, even my vegan friend Sarah wanted the recipe. 

Truth is I just threw together whatever I had in the cupboard and wanted something coffee flavoured as I was craving some caffeine. 

Ingredients
Shell
80g Tahini
1/3 melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
Filling
Handful of pitted dates
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 cup of strong brewed coffee (I didn’t use all of mine)
Handful of hazelnuts

Method:
  1. Mix all shell ingredients together and spread half of the mix out into the bottom of a small dish to give a base for the filling to sit on.
  2. Set aside in the fridge until hardened.
  3. Whilst this is chilling, mix the filling ingredients together in a food processor and add coffee slowly until you have a thick consistency.
  4. Spread this over your tahini base and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
  5. Take out of the fridge and add the remaining tahini mix as a topping and refrigerate overnight until hardened.
  6. Cut into 6 slices and have as a delicious snack.
Hope you all enjoy them :)

 Have you checked out my latest post featuring Spirulina?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 
*Please click links on pictures for source.
* Some links may be affiliates but all thoughts are unbiased and 100% honest,
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig