Saturday 14 June 2014

Dairy Free Banana Loaf

Dairy Free Banana Loaf
Dairy Free Banana Loaf 

Hey guys

I thought I would put together a little banana bread recipe for you to try out as I made this one and thought it tasted ah-maz-ing! I love banana bread just as much as the next person but I have never attempted to make one before so when I checked my cupboards I was pleasantly surprised that I had a whole bunch of ingredients that would make a delicious one.

Like the bad blogger that I am I didn't manage to get any pictures of the process as it was quite dark in my kitchen due to the typical Scottish weather but I managed to get a picture of the finished result (I know it’s not the prettiest picture but it sure was tasty)

Here is the recipe if you want to give it a go:-

Ingredients
- 285g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 110g dairy free margarine 
- 113g caster sugar
- 112g brown sugar
- 2 handfuls of dates
- 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 85ml of dairy free milk e.g. hazelnut, almond, coconut, soya etc.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Handful of crushed hazelnuts
Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Sift the flour & bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, cream the dairy free margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the mashed bananas, milk of your choice and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in the flour mixture. Add in dates & hazelnuts and give another stir.
5. Grease a loaf tin and pour the cake mixture into the tin.
6. Transfer to the oven and bake for about an hour, or until well-risen and golden-brown. Please check with a knife to make sure the middle is cooked properly. I had to put mine back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes for it to be perfect.
7. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving. 

To say this bread was the most delicious moist thing I have ever had the pleasure of eating is an understatement!! This was soooooooo good I almost cried when I ate it. Liam and I had a lovely little chunk which was layered with dairy free spread and a nice cup of tea and we felt as though we were in cake heaven ha-ha. After I made the bread I was surprised to find that I didn’t use any dairy products so this is a beautiful thing to make if you have friends who have an intolerance to dairy, plus it’s eggless too.

I got 4 days out of this loaf by covering it and leaving it on the worktop rather than in the fridge and only had to throw out a tiny bit as it was turning stale so you can definitely make this in advance for a little afternoon tea treat for you and friends!

Give it a try & leave me a comment letting me know how you got on :)

 Have you checked out my latest post discussing the Books I am Currently Reading?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 

*Please click links on pictures for source.
* Some links may be affiliates but all thoughts are unbiased and 100% honest,
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig