Friday 5 December 2014

The Christmas Tag

The Christmas Tag
Source

Hi guys,

I’m just gonna dive straight into the tag so I hope you like my answers. If you wanna carry it out, tag me on twitter. I will link it up at the end of the post as always.

1. What is your favourite Christmas film?
I cannot pick one, that’s impossible. For the whole month of December, I watch at least one of these movies per day. My favourites are Elf , Home AloneMiracle on 34th StreetScroogedJingle All the Way and Bad Santa (not one for the kids). Plus any Disney film as it just doesn’t seem like Christmas without a Disney princess or two.

2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Yes, not as often as I would like but we have had the occasional one here in Glasgow. I don’t like the snow at all, especially when you have to travel in it but it’s lovely for Christmas morning. I love seeing how happy all the kids are when it snows as it just adds to their Christmas Day. It has a real family feel to it.

3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
I used to spend it with my mum and my sisters but ever since Liam and I got together, we alternate it between our families. Christmas Day is always great regardless of who we spend it with, we are pretty lucky to have great families. I have hosted a Christmas Dinner once with my family and Liam’s mum and brothers. It was one of my favourite days ever.

4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
Again, I have more than one. I especially love Mariah Carey All I Want for Christmas, The Pogues Fairytale in New York and Wizzard I Wish it Could Be Christmas Everyday.

5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No, Liam always asks to open one but I always refuse. I love the excitement of Christmas morning where you open all of them together.

I remember one Christmas where I was about 10 and my cousin Kelly stayed over. My mum told us we could open a present on Christmas Eve but she didn’t specify it was to be later in the night so we all got up at 7am and opened the biggest presents under the tree ha-ha. My mum obviously heard the hustle and bustle from the living room and came in laughing, saying we were supposed to wait until we were going to bed. Needless to say, we felt like idiots and I have never done it since.

6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Rudolph Dasher, Prancer, Vixen and that’s about all I can remember.

7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
Getting a glass of Champagne in the morning. Opening all my presents and watching Liam’s face when he opens his. I’m not one to toot my own horn but I am very good at gift giving. I always listen to hints that are thrown around to make sure I get things that people will actually want/like. I love watching Christmas movies, eating loads of mince pies and the whole gift wrapping process. I love Christmas Markets in the cold, where you are all wrapped up and sipping on mulled wine. I love decorating, preparing the dinner table, seeing my family, seeing Liam’s family and drinking copious amounts of alcohol ha-ha. I pretty much love everything.

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake. I hate the idea of cutting down trees just for one month’s use. I don’t even like flowers as I feel they should be kept planted. I don’t judge anyone who buys a real tree or flowers, its just not for me. Although I do buy flowers for other people.

9. What is your all-time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
Mince Pies, I actually buy All Butter Cranberry and Orange Mince Pies from Sainsburys as they are the best.

10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I honestly love both. I love watching people’s faces when they open gifts and I also love opening presents.

11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
I think it would have to be the first present Liam ever bought me which was a Killers album, a Kings of Leon album and an Angel gift set. I have had some pretty extraordinary presents over the years but these were very special to me.

12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
It has to be New York. It seems to be the most magical place in the world when Christmas hits.

13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I am an inbetweener. I always buy gorgeous wrapping and all the bits to go along with it but I am nowhere near those Pinterest professionals just yet.

14. Most memorable Holiday moment?
I would have to say the Christmas Eve story I told above and also when Liam and I rented our first flat and had the smallest Christmas tree imaginable. We had a huge fireplace and opened our presents there in the morning with a glass of Champagne and some mince pies whilst being all cosy in our Christmas pyjamas, I was, not Liam ha-ha.

15. When did you find out Santa wasn't real? (Sorry if this ruined it for anyone)
I have a cute story here actually. When I was about 4 years old. My mum, dad and I were out and about. I can’t remember specifics but we were in a white van and it was snowing and the van broke down. I was distraught and thought I was going to miss Santa so my mum said she would call him for me and I could leave a message to say I would be home. I don’t know how we phoned him and I don’t know whose voicemail we left it on as there were no mobile phones then, it was probably a pay phone and my mums answering machine which was scrubbed so I would never know ha-ha. But I called anyway, crying down the phone stating that I had been a good girl all year and I would be home to leave cookies and milk and to please not leave me out this year. My mum still says it was the cutest thing she had seen. But back to the original question. I don’t actually remember anyone ruining it for me. I all of a sudden knew and I don’t think I was upset about it.

16. Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Do you stick to them?
Yes all the time and no I don’t stick to them. However, I have been exercising more this year and that was this year’s resolution.

17. What makes the holidays special for you?
Spending time with friends and family. I am lucky to have a couple weeks off as I am a student so I get as much time in with all my nearest and dearest. As two of my closest friends have birthdays on 24th and 26th. We normally meet up in a local pub which gets all the friends together to have a knees up. This is always pretty special and messy!

18. Describe your ideal Christmas day.
Ideal the day would start off with me in my Christmas print pyjamas. I would wake up around 9am, it never happens as I am always up early. I would wake Liam up, we would both get a glass of Champagne and make our way into the living room to sit next to the fire. We would open presents. Hopefully have a few good ones in there for each of us. Then I would get showered, dressed in some sort of Christmas attire and get full glam makeup on my face. Then would come a breakfast of Sainsbury’s Mince Pies (the ones above), more champagne, croissants etc.

Preferably we would then leave about 12pm and head over to one of our families houses (whoever wasn’t hosting the dinner) to give presents, get some more alcohol and to have some good old fashioned fun. Then we would head over to whoever was hosting the Christmas Day Dinner and I would help set up table, have more Champagne (do you sense a theme here?), open more presents, give more presents and then get my shoes off and unbutton my top button on my trousers so I can get as much food in me as humanly possible haha. After dinner, I would pop on a Christmas movie for everyone to chill out with. Then would come the party with some dessert, chocolates, mince pies and more Champagne.

In an ideal world and if I ever got my own way, I wouldn’t head back to where we live to go for drinks with friends as our families stay far away and taxis are super expensive and let’s face it, no-one is sober by this point to drive about so I would get into comfy pyjamas and stay with family. Don’t get me wrong I love my friends and want to celebrate their birthdays but on Christmas Day, I want to stay in the Christmas bubble and that for me, means staying with family. 

And that concludes the Christmas tag. If you carry this out, I would love to see your answers so please tag me on Twitter. My details are below. 

Have you checked out my latest post featuring A New Urban Decay Palette?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |  

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great tag! I might do this sometime next week :)
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome - definitely doing it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yasssss, tag me on twitter so i can check out your answers xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig