Friday 26 December 2014

The "Me Time" Tag

The Me Time Tag

 
 
Hi guys,

I hope you all had a great Christmas with your loved ones. I went to my mums this year for Christmas dinner and will see Liam’s family when he comes back home from work. I felt a little sad as I woke up alone which I’m not used to. We have spent every Christmas Day together since we met each other. But I don’t have it as bad as him I suppose, he is stuck in the middle of the ocean with his rig mate’s ha-ha.

I got up showered, dressed, put my glam face on and headed on over to my mums. It was a full house as my auntie, uncle and niece were all there. It was mayhem but bloody fun! By the end of the night, my belly was full, I hate chocolate all over my face and I was curled up on the sofa watching some Christmas movies before we had a bit of a party.  

I thought I would ease myself back into blogging today and as I was tagged by the lovely Alina from Beauty With Charm to take part in this tag, I decided to do this. I don’t usually get a lot of me time, I put some time by for a pamper night a few times a week but as far as sitting down and chilling out by myself, it’s not going to happen.

1. What do you watch or read during “me-time”?
I know I should say blogs but sometimes I need to turn everything off, curl up on the sofa and pop on Netflix or a good box set. I normally reach for Sex in the City, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Criminal Minds, Gilmore Girls or Grey’s Anatomy.

2. What do you wear during “me-time”?
Pyjamas, an oversized cardigan or jumper and my slipper socks!

3. What are your “me-time” beauty products?
I just put together my ultimate pamper night here so you can see exactly what I use when I want some me time.

4. Current favourite nail polish?
I have been wearing acrylics recently and using shellac polish so nothing really comes to mind at the moment.

5. What do you eat or drink during me-time?
A lovely warm herbal/detox tea such as a Green Tea with Cranberry, Dr Stuarts Detox Tea or Spiced Apple and Cranberry. I also love a hot chocolate with almond milk, whipped cream and marshmallows but if it has been a rough day then I grab a red wine.

6. Current favourite candle?
I’m all about the Lily Flame candles at the moment and I have been burning Ho! Ho! Ho! every night for the past couple of weeks, it just fills my whole living room and makes it seem like Christmas every day.

7. Do you ever have outdoor “me-time”?
No, not at all, home is the only me time I’m talking about!

8. Would you ever go see a movie alone?
Yeah if it was during the week and I bored then I would head in to my local cinema.

9. Favourite online shop?
Without hesitation it would have to be Selfridges. They have everything a girl can want and always have exclusive brands in their beauty section which I love.

10. Anything to add? What else do you do during me-time?
I normally do laundry, I know it may seem weird but I find it very soothing. I love loading the washing machine and hanging everything up. I always reach for a book but I have been reading college materials recently which isn’t the same. I also read blogs to find out what everyone is loving and what they are doing.

I tag the following:
Ellis from Ellis Tuesday
Gemma at A Day In The Life 
 

Have you checked out my latest post featuring Skincare Gifts?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |  

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. That sucks you weren't able to spend Christmas with your other half, hopefully you will have some nice time off together when he is back! I loved reading this, so similar to me :D x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, thank you for tagging me, i really enjoyed doing this tag. Hopefully he will get home as the weather is so bad for him at the moment but yeah we will have a good time when he eventually gets home. Hope you and your family had an amazing Christmas and New Year xx

      Delete
  2. That hot chocolate sounds amazing! Lovely post!

    Jane x | Queen Jane Approximately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing and healthier too with the almond milk xx

      Delete
  3. Hello lovely Lauren!
    Thank you so much for tagging me in this post and I wish you a Happy New Year. Keep up the good work on your blog and I'll let you know when I've posted my 'Me Tag' post

    Caz | Lunch Break Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much babes! You too and i cant wait to see your answers xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig