Wednesday 1 July 2015

Eve Lom Cleanser

Eve Lom Cleanser

Eve Lom

Eve Lom Cleansing Balm


Hello guys,

The Eve Lom Cleanser (from £40) has been hailed by Vogue as “probably the best cleanser in the world”. Quite a statement from the world’s most renowned style bible. I don`t know if I totally agree with that as I have tried a few different balm cleansers and the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm (£38) is still my absolute favourite but I do like the Eve Lom cleanser. I have been using it for a while now thanks to my girl Siobhan hooking me up and I was in love with it for the first couple of weeks but recently I haven't been loving it as much.

Eve Lom has managed to get the most intoxicating scent packed into this little tub with her signature blend of aromatic plant oils including cloves, hops, matricaria and eucalyptus which help to purify and decongest the skin without stripping or drying. It is perfect for melting away all traces makeup including waterproof mascara as it removes it so easily by applying to a dry face and working into the skin before washing off with a face cloth. My face was left insanely, and yes i mean insanely, smoother and for a while it left my complexion radiant and glowing.

The cleanser itself is very luxurious to the touch, I have already described the spicy scent it has but the feeling of it is out of this world. I can’t really find the words but it is slightly hard at first but once rubbed between your fingers it melts into the most gorgeous balm. The only problem I really have with it is the fact that I have had major breakouts with it. I think it may be due to the fact that it is rich in cocoa butter and also contains mineral oil so I tend to alternate this out with my Alpha H Balancing Cleanser with Aloe Vera (from £25) to help with the little blemish problem.

I wouldn’t buy a full sized tub of this as I feel it is too rich for my sensitive oily skin, as I say it broke me out, quite badly if I am honest. I adore the scent and the feeling of it and I really want to love it but I just can’t bring myself to due to the obvious problem. This isn’t to say that it wouldn’t work better with you, this is just my personal opinion but I feel it may be better suited to dry or normal skin as these types may benefit from the oils in the cleanser.

Have you tried this cleanser yet?
Have you tried any other Eve Lom products?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring A Tasty New Eatery In Glasgow

I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've had my eye on Eve Lom for a while but never gotten around to buying any products (I don't live near a stockist!) ~ just wondering how the cleanser differs from Liz Earle, which I love, especially for the scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent tried Liz Earle yet but she is on my list to buy next xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig