Friday 31 July 2015

Lancome | Hypnose Volume -A- Porter Mascara


Lancome Hypnose Volume-A-Porter Mascara


Lancome Mascara

Lancome Hypnose Mascara

Lancome Hypnose Volume-A-Porter Mascara Wand

Hi guys,

I was lucky enough to be invited along to the launch of Lancôme’s new mascara last night and I got to see some familiar faces including Glasgow Beauty BloggerA Life With Frills and The Girl in The Tartan Scarf but I also got to meet a lovely new blogger, Allergic to Average, who has found a niche in the market for corporate beauty and lifestyle. 

Lancôme have just celebrated their 80th Birthday and what an 80 years they`ve had. When anyone thinks of chic and sophisticated woman, the mind instantly wanders to the French as they do it so effortlessly and that’s exactly what Lancôme are all about, minimum effort, maximum effect! 

I have never tried anything from the Lancôme range as I’ve always thought of it to be a brand better suited to mature woman but looking at their new products I can safely say that they have made it more appealing to a younger generation. The packaging is sleek and the products are a little more "under thirty" friendly.

The Hypnose Volume-a-Porter Mascara* (£22.50) comes in a gorgeous gun metal tube which just oozes sophistication; I certainly wouldn’t mind showing this off to my friends and would probably just keep going into my makeup bag just to have a little glance now and then ha-ha, that’s how sad I am. The wand is something that I was quite excited about as it’s an elastomere brush (the first for Lancôme), meaning that it is flexible and moves with the lashes. I hate when I get mascara and the wand pulls at my lashes and leaves my eyes irritated but this doesn’t do that at all, it glides over the lashes perfectly and leaves every one coated without leaving them clumpy. I love the fact that the brush is small enough to fit in the corner of my eyes too as so many wands are either too big or they just don’t do the job. This formula is super creamy and can be used to build volume but please don’t expect a false lash effect as this mascara is all about sophistication, not drama.

As well as a stunning design, great wand and a formula that is both voluminous and creamy, the mascara contains 30% less beeswax than most mascara’s and contains Lancôme Native Rose Cells which conditions the eyelashes and leaves them feeling softer; it also leaves the mascara with a faint rose scent. Something I adore.


UPDATE: I wore this for 12 hours and had no smudging underneath my eyes or at the corners where I tend to have some excess mascara. This was a little difficult to remove due to its latex content. I went straight in with my Eve Lom Cleanser (from £40) and gently removed with a wet face cloth. I had to do this twice before it was removed successfully. I finally got every trace off after a third cleanse!

Lancome Makeup

Now the mascara was the main reason for the beauty event but I was all over the Ombre Hypnose Stylos (£20) which are long lasting, creamy eyeshadow sticks with their own little sharpener attached, think By Terry Ombre Blackstar (£29) and you are almost there. These are the creamiest eyeshadows I have ever had the pleasure of trying. They can go straight on the eye without a primer and when I say they don’t budge once applied, I mean they don’t budge once applied! These little babies are waterproof, super pigmented and glide on the eye with such ease but you have to work quick as they dry super quick so I would suggest doing one eye at a time and blending quickly, add more colour if you want it to be more vibrant or dramatic but work quickly. With some cream eyeshadow sticks I always feel they tug on my eyelids but after feeling these and speaking with our beautiful model she assured me that they went on like butter. I swatched some of the shades and I honestly could not get them off of my hand. I washed the dishes, washed my hands numerous times throughout the night, had a shower and they were still hanging on for dear life. I will be 100% picking some of these up as soon as I get paid as they are amazing. They come in eight different shades ranging from a delicate gold to a warm bronze to a vibrant amethyst with everything else in between.

Lancome Ombre Hypnose Stylo swatches
Lancome Ombre Hypnose Stylo swatches

Lancome Double Ended Eyebrow Brush
A used Lancome Double Ended Eyebrow Brush
They also have Sourcils Gel (£19.50) which is an eyebrow gel-cream (comes in six different shades) these are super creamy and are highly pigmented. Using these along with the amazing Lancome Double Ended Eyebrow Brush (£19) above gives some serious definition to the brows. These are waterproof and will supposedly last 24hrs, I cannot promise this as I haven’t tried any but I was assured they would. Also, if you have dark brows and love gel eyeliner then the black shade will double up.

Lancome Models
I couldnt resist a picture of Kate! Lancome at House of Fraser Glasgow

These products are amazing and have totally opened my eyes up to the Lancôme range. They are trying to be more current and trendy, which is apparent with these products. If you want something new, get down to House of Fraser and sample these, I would 100% recommend the Ombre Stylos as they are the best of the best.

Have you tried anything from this brand?
Would you try these new products?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring A New Scottish Scran Post
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Was lovely seeing you last night missus! Thanks for the wee mention too! 💗☺️ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a great event and the new mascara is so luxurious, I love the look of the brush x

    Beauty with charm | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great event, I have yet to try anything from this range but I love the look of the packaging of the mascara, looks so luxury :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a good mascara, cant believe i have never tried any of their products before. These goodies have totally opened my eyes to them as a credible brand xx

      Delete
  4. Even though it typically appeals to a more mature crowd, I have enjoyed Lancome over the years (maybe I'm becoming that mature crowd, lol). I'm interested to check out this new mascara though!

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried anything but after sampling some of their new products i will be going out of my way to try some of them xx

      Delete
  5. Ooooh those shadow sticks look gorgeous, and so much more affordable than the By Terry offering! I'm almost finished Misty Rock, seriously sad times! X

    Amy Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a sucker for anything with a pretty package. This one is no exception! I just don't know how I feel about spending so much on a mascara.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, i am always a little wary about spending so much on one item but i would continue buying this as it does exactly what i want, adds volume, no clumping and holds the lashes in place all day without any smudging. I also tested this out to see how it would look after sleeping with it on (for all those girls who forget to take their makeup off, i did remove all of my makeup and reapplied the mascara) and i woke up with the tiniest of smudges under one eye. An perfect mascara xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig