Thursday 2 July 2015

Vietnamese Vegetable Soup with Posh Pickles

Posh Pickles Sa Va Tu’o’ng ot relish

Vietnamese Vegetable Soup with Posh Pickles

Barenaked Noodles

Low Fat Noodles

Gluten Free Noodles

Hello guys,

I was in the mood for a spicy broth with a load of vegetables to have for a light meal and decided to use my Posh Pickles Sa Va Tu’o’ng ot relish* (from £3.50) as it sounded perfect and exactly what I was looking for. This turned out a lot better than I hoped for as it was super tasty, easy to prepare and only took twenty minutes to cook so I thought I would put together the recipe I used for you to try. I completely forgot to take a picture of the finished meal as I was too busy stuffing my face, so apologies guys.

As you know, I like to put either vegan or vegetarian recipes on my blog as these recipes completely fill me up but take away the stress of being calorific. But today, I felt like a soup for these hot summer nights when a light meal is called for. This can be served with some chicken, seafood or beef to bulk it up but I loved it with just vegetables and noodles. This serves two people very easily as a main meal with some leftovers or as a small starter for four people.

Ingredients:
2 tbsp. of Sa Va Tu’o’ng ot relish
1 tbsps. of coconut oil
1 x brown onion, half mooned
1 x red pepper, thinly sliced
2 inch piece of fresh ginger, thinly sliced
1 x clove of garlic, crushed
6 x large shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
Handful of Water Chestnuts, halfed
2 x handfuls of bean sprouts
1 x carrot, finely sliced
1 x vegetable stock cube (chicken stock can be used if working with meat)
1 x pack of noodles (I used bare naked noodles as they are low in fat/calories and gluten/wheat/dairy free)
Soy Sauce, add to taste
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
Handful of Organic Spinach, chopped

To serve:
Spring onions, finely sliced
Red chilli, finely sliced
Fresh Lime juice

Method:
Fry off onions in the coconut oil on a medium heat for 10 minutes or until soft and slightly browned.
Add in the Sa Va Tu’o’ng ot, mushrooms, garlic and ginger and fry off for a few minutes.
Add the stock according to the pack instructions and then add water chestnuts, carrot, peppers and soy sauce.
Leave to simmer away for 10 minutes until vegetables become softer and then add the noodles and bean sprouts. The noodles I used only took 3 minutes to cook so I added these in last with my bean sprouts as well as my spinach and coriander but if your noodles take longer then add them in at the stock stage so they cook properly.
Add everything else and leave for five minutes to wilt. Taste the soup to see if it needs any more soy sauce and grind in some black pepper too. When serving, squeeze over some fresh lime juice, pop some spring onion and chillies on top for decoration and enjoy!

You want the vegetables to almost look julienne style, but dont worry if they aren't, I just sliced mine super thinly so it would be easier to eat. You can add more relish, more chillies, pretty much more of anything if you prefer it to taste stronger but I loved this soup the way it was. It is fragrant and light but as I said earlier, you can add in meat or seafood to bulk it up, I think adding mussels and prawns in the place of some of the vegetables would work well with a little lemon or lime juice squeezed over before serving. This is a lightly spiced broth with nothing but healthy goodness.

Posh Pickles are a great company which was thought up by the beautiful Stephanie Bath in 2005. She actually started this up whilst she was on kidney dialysis. She has won The Prince’s Trust Award for Business Success in 2006 and Outstanding Business Achievement Award in 2007. They offer exciting flavour combinations in chutneys, relishes, oils and jams. They also offer small jars as wedding favours so if you or anyone you know is looking for something different then check out their website. If you want to check out the other flavours from Posh Pickles then head to their WebsiteTwitter or Facebook.


Let me know if you try this recipe, it is absolutely gorgeous and the Sa Va Tu’o’ng ot relish gives the soup a beautiful base to work with. I made this for myself and my mum which were quite substantial bowls and we still had loads left over. If you have some left, just leave the soup to cool down and pop into tubs and store in the fridge. It should stay fresh for up to 2 days.

Have you checked out my latest post featuring The Best Cleanser In The World
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig