Sunday 5 July 2015

L`Oreal | Infallible 24h Matte Foundation

L`Oreal Infallible 24h Matte Foundation

L`Oreal Infallible 24h Matte Foundation

 Hello guys,

How is everyone keeping? I can`t quite believe that I will be 30 years old tomorrow! Eek, if you wanna have a look at my birthday wish list then click here.

I thought I would talk about L’OrĂ©al’s Infallible 24h Matte Foundation (£7.99) which is their latest foundation offering. I picked it up in Boots a few weeks ago as it looked as though it would be perfect for someone like me who has oily skin and needs a whole load of powder in the old t-zone area or else everything slides right off.

Every time I read buzz words like “combats oily skin”, “mattifies” “not cakey” and “dewy finish”, I tend to think, aye ok then! I understand how businesses work and I get that company’s need to market their products and get people hyped up but these statements don’t usually faze me, until now.

On first use, I had a bit of a palaver as it dried super quickly and didn’t leave me with anytime to blend it out. I washed off and started again. The second time was more successful as I worked a little in at a time by buffing on with my Sephora Pro Large Domed Stippling Brush ($36). A little really goes a long way with this foundation so don’t squeeze out half a tube and try to rub it in as you will be there for ever trying to blend, and due to its quick drying abilities, it will not look pretty. Once it’s on, it’s not going anywhere, it dries perfectly and obviously gives a matte finish as the name would suggest.

This lasted a good ten hours on me with no visible signs of fading or catching to certain areas on my face. It did oxidise though so be wary of this when picking your shade as you don’t want to look fabulous when you leave the house in the morning and then look like The Mask by lunchtime.

To say it is amazing is an understatement! I love it and will go as far as saying it is one of my new favourite finds. As you all know I adore my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (£9.99) and my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk (£36.50) and I will forever love these but this foundation is a must have for anyone with oily skin as it doesn’t clog pores nor leave you feeling as though you have a lot of product on. As its mattifying, you may think that it would be harder to wash off but I had no problem in this area at all. I used my Eve Lom Cleanser (from £40) and a warm cloth and it melted off easily.

Have you tried this foundation yet?
Would you try it for your oily/combination skin?
Have you found a foundation that could stand up to this one?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring A New Teeth Whitening Kit
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Happy birthday and being 30 is not that bad :) I love this foundation and it is the one that I use everytime I wear foundation. Such great coverage and a great price too :)

    www.pamsstuffandthings.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the coverage is amazing! I love the fact that it stays on my face all day and i dont have any bother with it. Thank you so much for the birthday wishes :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a great birthday! I have been reading such good things about this foundation that I will have to give it a go - especially at that price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma. The price is fab, try it, you will love it xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds really good, I think I'll have to give it a try!
    Hope you have a great birthday! :)

    Rambling Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! You really need to try it, its amazing and so cheap too xx

      Delete
  4. I've heard some good things about this foundation, but as a fellow oily skinned girl, you've definitely inspired me to go out and purchase it. Another great foundation for oily skin is the Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Foundation. I have a mini review of it on my blog if you'd like to check it out: catchupwithkay.wordpress.com Also, happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation Kay, i will have a look to see if i can find it in Boots or Superdrug :) xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig