Friday 21 August 2015

My Summer Reads

My Summer Reads

Hi guys, 

As you may or may not know, I am going to Greece in 3 days!!!!!! Whhaaaaaaa, I am so excited. I wanted to sort out some great books to take along with me but I didn’t want the normal beach reads as I get bored with them, so I decided to raid my book cupboard & find some great books to take away with me. I love reading and am a massive fan of crime/horror/biography so these are always the first genres I tend to gear towards. I also have over 3000 books on my kindle so no doubt I will be tearing into them as well. I have decided to read all of the Stephen King books from the beginning again as I adore him and his writing abilities, especially since the horrors scare the bejeezus out of me.

I read this book years ago and it’s always stayed with me. If anyone has read anything (Stardust anyone?) by the late Terry Pratchett then you will know he was a genius and this book is one of his greats. I think I will leave this for the plane journey, as I am a quick reader so I will probably get this finished.

I have heard great things about this and I have been dying to read for it ages. I haven’t read anything by Gillian, so I will be intrigued to see how this one pans out.

There isn’t a girl on this planet who was born in the 70s/80s that didn’t have a crush on Michael J Fox when he played the adorable Marty McFly in Back to The Future. I had a massive crush (recently reignited due to his performances in The Good Wife) and I have always felt quite sad about his early diagnosis with Parkinson’s so I wanted to give this a read to see how he has managed with this disease and to find out more about him to be honest. Plus, he has great comedic timing so it would be great if that came through in his book.

Something Borrowed (from £2.99) and Something Blue (from £2.99) by Emily Giffin
I watched Something Borrowed (from £5.19) with Kate Hudson, Ginnifer Goodwin and John Krasinski a few years ago and it quickly became one of my favourite movies, it has everything you could want, a good girl, a bitch, an affair (or 2), romance and a lot of humour so I thought I would give the book and its sequel a go to see how it faired with the movie.

As I am in the middle of this, I thought I would take it with me and finish it off. This is a trilogy about the supernatural, another genre that is right up my street. So far, it has been an amazing read! I am really intrigued to see where it goes (I hear there is going to be a movie soon!!)

I think that’s all I will take with me to be honest as we have a few days planned where we will be going to the Old Town in Corfu, long walks, food markets, and to see some of the amazing sights in Greece so I don’t want to miss out on all the fun by lying around sunbathing ha. As I say I have my kindle with me anyway so if I read all of these then I will probably start reading Stephen King or Anne Rice again as I love their books.

What’s in your Summer Reading List?
Are you going on holiday this year?
  

PS. I am going on holiday now so there won’t be any posts going out for 2 weeks I am afraid. I decided to take a well-earned break. Speak when I get back guys.

Have you checked out my latest featuring A New Lipstick To Be Very Excited About?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I haven't found much time to read lately but it's something I love doing. Have heard great things about Something Borrowed but not sure I have heard about the others before. x

    Speaking Beauty UK | Naked Smoky Palette or Anastasia Contour Kit GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like supernatural books then A Discovery of Witches is great! I read MJF book on plane and loved it. Its quite political and all about his parkinsons but still very funny. Started reading The Boy That Never Was and have already finished 3/4 of it in one day, thats how good that is! If you liked Gone Girl then i would recommend this cx

      Delete
  2. Have a wonderful time in Greece Lauren and OMG so much has happened on your blog since my last visit! I love the new fresh design. Well done! I read Black Ice by B. Fitzpatrick and there are some other YA books waiting for me to be read. Summer isn't over just yet as I'm heading to Berlin tonight and my mum just emailed me about the heatwave!!!


    Caz | Style Lingua

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Holiday was fantastic! very relaxing. I will have a look for Black Ice, i quite like YA books, especially if they are written properly and have a good story. How was Berlin? xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig