Wednesday 5 November 2014

Bobbi Brown | Luminous Moisturizing Treatment Foundation

Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Treatment Foundation
Source
Bobbi Brown Luminous Foundation Sand
Source
Hi guys,

Happy Hump Day guys! This is my last day of college until Monday so I especially love Wednesdays but don’t fret, I have a mother******* load of homework to plough through so I will be kept busy. This is my 100th post since starting in April and I have to say, I think I have found my stride. I am still loving it and I look forward to putting posts together. I know I have been using some other bloggers pictures in blog posts but I don’t have a camera at the moment and I find using my iPhone is a bit bleugh when it comes to quality but as always, I link back to the original pictures by writing “source” underneath so feel free to check out their reviews too. I don’t let these reviews sway my opinion on products but its nice to give you and myself another view of whatever I am talking about. Hopefully I can buy a camera soon along with a tripod and remote so my hands are free and I don’t get blurry photos. I am also starting to buy background pieces so fingers crossed, my photo quality gets better as I continue on this blogging journey.

I wanted to talk about the Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Treatment Foundation (£30) today as I bought it along with my Ole Henrikson Pure Truth Melting Cleanser (£24) and have already gotten a lot of wear from it. I got it in the shade #2 Sand but I should have bought it a shade lighter. I’m making it work for me, but it would have been easier with a lighter shade to be honest. This is a "foundation which meets skincare" meaning that it is a 2 in 1 formula which gives coverage but also moisturises throughout the day.

It contains Muru Muru Seed Butter which brings in the moisture element as well as Milk Thistle Extract & Natural Collagen which give the appearance of firmer and smoother skin. This is for normal to dry skin and helps to promote a luminous look to your skin. I really like this foundation, it gives my skin a flawless finish, it doesn't look cakey at all when I build my base up nor does it look too shiny. It does give my skin a slight glow but nothing too crazy. Obviously I have oily skin so I set my base with a setting powder but if you have normal to dry skin, then I would suggest skipping this step and let the foundation glow. When I remove my makeup at night, I don’t have the normal dry feeling that I get after wearing foundation all day. This feels moisturising, it gives a great finish and I love the staying power of it. I can get a good 5 - 6 hours out of this before it starts to move about my skin. 

If you are unsure about it due to your skin type, I would pop into a Bobbi Brown makeup counter and ask for a few samples in a couple of shades before committing to a full sized purchase. I do this all the time if a foundation is being bigged up but I’m not certain of how it will look on my oily, sometimes dry, skin.

I am very happy with this purchase, so much so that I bought my sister one for her birthday as she is always moaning about foundation sticking to her skin so hopefully she likes this. I will report back as she has really dry skin and I will let you know what she thought of it

UPDATE: Rhiannon loved this. She said her skin felt hydrated and looked very healthy. She said it did stick a little to her dry patches but that was after 6 to 7 hours wear. She didn't use a setting powder on her tzone like I would and she never had a problem with it moving around on her face. She did use a setting powder before using contour and blush though as she wanted them to blend flawlessly.

Have you tried this foundation before?

Do you have any recommendations for me to try out?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |  

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Had no idea this foundation even existed, how terrible am I. It sounds amazing for my current dehydrated skin so maybe I should give it a try soon. Happy 100th post :D x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Yeah you shoudl give it a try, im giving one to my sister as she has dry skin so hopefully it will work wonders on her skin xx

      Delete
  2. Happy 100th post! :D
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 100th post. :) This foundation sounds really good. I'm gonna have to pick up a sample and give it a try. xx

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hunny :) Yeah just ask at the BB counters, they should have some for you to try out xx

      Delete
  4. I've heard wonderful things about Bobbi Brown foundation so I'd love to try this! Thank you for your very detailed review :) xxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Lisa, i hope you enjoy it as much as i did when you pick it up xx

      Delete
  5. I've just started using bobbi browns skin foundation and I love the texture and natural look! I'm finding it does wear off a bit with my oily skin though! I'm definitely trying a sample of this next!!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have really oily skin too but with a powder on top it lasted really well xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig