Friday 7 November 2014

Ole Henrikson Pure Truth Melting Cleanser 3 in 1 Cleansing Gelee

Ole Henrikson Pure Truth Melting Cleanser 3 in 1 Cleansing Gelee


Ole Henrikson Pure Truth Melting Cleanser

Hi guys,

How are we today? It is actually quite sunny here in Glasgow (shocking i know!) I should be knee deep in snow by now but it aint happening. I shouldn’t complain, it’s not often we get sunshine in Glasgow, so I will take it whenever I can get it. I’ve had a pretty busy day so far, I’ve already been to my Legs, Bums & Tums class, then I went shopping with Liam as I needed a few bits n bobs including some new gym wear, trainers and pyjamas and then we went for a late lunch which was alright, not great but when your starving anything will do! :)

If you don’t already know, I started my Christmas Gift Guides and the first one featured some gorgeous knitwear so head on over and have a look. I do love this time of year, I'm lucky enough to be off college for a few weeks at Christmas and New Year so I spend all my time with my family as well as running around like a headless chicken trying to find last minute bits. Liam will be working from the 21st December until the 5th January this time which is horrible as we always have a lovely morning together and then head to our family's to do the rounds and stuff our guts. Anyway, less of me blethering on and more about the product

I bought the Ole Henrikson Pure Truth 3 in 1 Cleansing Gelee (£24) a while ago and felt it was now time to give my thoughts on it. I love the bright packaging of this cleanser, it made me think of citrus fruits, obviously due to the orange colourings. I did have high hopes for this little guy but I have to say I’m not 100% sold on it to be honest, I don’t know if it’s because I’m an Emma Hardie (EH) girl at heart but I will talk you through it.

This is a 3 in 1 cleanser which is supposed to melt away all make up including waterproof mascara and then leave your skin feeling pampered, hydrated, nourished and radiant. It contains Vitamin C, rose hip and virgin cherry oils and suits all skin types. It should be applied to a dry face and massaged in thoroughly, add some water to emulsify and then rinse off with a cloth. Repeat this step to remove all make up from your face or just cleanse once if you haven’t worn any that day.

I can safely say that it didn't remove all of my makeup as promised. After two cleanses I still had some mascara on my eyelashes and underneath my bottom lashes which I didn't like at all, I expect everything to be removed and for my skin to feel super clean. I do agree with the fact that it leaves the skin feeling nourished, hydrated and radiant as my skin looked beautiful afterwards but it didn’t feel squeaky clean to me. I think I am used to the Merumaya (£14.50) and EH Cleanser (£38) and I feel like I get a full clean with these products but this was nowhere near as good in my opinion. I do like the fact that it didn’t irritate my skin but as far as a cleansing gelee goes, it wasn’t for me sadly.

Have you tried this? What are your thoughts?
Do you have any recommendations for me to try out?
What are you loving at the moment?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring Christmas Knitwear?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |  
 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I dunno what it is about cleansers but I never trust them to remove my makeup haha so I always use micellar water with cotton pads to remover makeup first and use cleanser as a second step to make sure every single bit of makeup has been removed. Ive never tried anything from that brand or EH before but I would love to in the future x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant find a good makeup remover so i just double cleanse when i wear make up and then i add in my bakewell soap for an extra step if i still dont feel super clean but with EH i never have to do this :) xx

      Delete
  2. Aw shame Liam has to work over Christmas! I've been working over Christmas for the last 7 years and this year will be the first off!

    Love your cleanser review, I've only just started using them as there were quite a few as a freebie in the magazines. Hope you're all well lovely! xxx

    Caz | Lunch Break Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hunny :) all is great, i hope your keeping well too :)

      I know, if he was working in the country i wouldnt care but he will be away for 2 weeks which is horrible :( You obviously deserve some time off, so enjoy yourself babes xx

      Delete
  3. I've been loving gel cleansers. But it's annoying that such an expensive product didn't even remove your makeup properly nor left your skin feeling fresh & clean. Good to know, though. Will steer clear of this one. xx

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it wasn't terrible but i wouldn't purchase again, i think i prefer balm cleansers as they really do the job xx

      Delete
  4. What a pity that it didn't remove all your makeup....when you are spending £20+ on a cleanser, it should definitely do this at the very least! This has been scratched off my to try list! x

    Brenda BusyBee | GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah exactly how i felt, it did feel nice but just didnt do the job i expected it to xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig