Friday 21 November 2014

Would I Really Buy These Again

Would I Really Buy These Again - Beauty Talk With Lauren

Hi guys,


I have been mega busy with college recently. I feel as though the first couple of weeks are ok and when you take your eye off the ball for two minutes, you seem be drowning in studying, exams and reports! Anyway, as this week has been all about college, the gym has taken a back seat. I honestly do not have time but hopefully I can get back into the swing of things sooner rather than later. 

I wanted to do a different kind of post today rather than another review or Christmas post so I looked at my empties and asked myself "Would I Really Buy These Again?"  There are some surprises in here but there are a few which i'm certain you will agree with me. Lets dive straight in.

Alpha H Liquid Gold


The first I have to talk about is the Alpha H Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid (£31.50), this is an intensive treatment to be used at night on all skin types. It works to reduce pigmentation, resurface and firm skin as well as tighten enlarged pores. I have loved using this product over the past couple of months and I would definitely repurchase as I have there has been a visible difference in my skin. I use this twice per week as it’s very strong. 

Maybelline Falsies Mascara


Would I buy this again? Uhm is the Pope a Catholic? Of course I would buy the Maybelline Falsies Mascara (£7.99) again as it is an all-time favourite. The formula is quite wet but it coats each and every lash which makes them look fuller and longer. This has never smudged under my eyes or collected at the outer corners like most mascaras do. 

Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal


I love face masks and normally I use them twice a week to give my skin a little boost of whatever it needs. I picked the Sanctuary Spa 5 minute Thermal Detox Mask (£10) a few months ago in Boots and I have to say it is honestly one of the best masks I have tried. It is to be used on damp skin which then heats up. It does feel quite an odd at first but great at the same time. It draws out the impurities in my skin as it has kaolin clay and charcoal so if I feel a little bump under my skin I whack this on which allows it to be drawn out. I have cheated a little and already picked up a new tube ha-ha. 

The Body Shop Argan Oil


I picked up the Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Bubbling Bath (£8) a while ago and have finally used it up but I wasn’t overly impressed with it. I normally love The Body Shop products but this just didn’t wow me so I wouldn’t purchase again. The scent was ok and it did make my skin feel soft but there are so many more products out there that do a better job to be honest.

Soap and Glory Scrub of Your Life


I always have something from Soap and Glory in my bathroom, actually that’s a lie I always have about 10 items in my bathroom but one I wouldn't repurchase again is the Soap and Glory The Scrub of Your Life which you can buy for £8 in Boots. I loved the smell, of course I did but I didn’t like the consistency of it and I hated how it felt on my skin. I felt as though it was too hard to work into my skin while I was in the shower or a bath and it didn’t remove easily either. Won’t buy again I’m afraid.

That’s all I have for today guys, let me know if you have tried any of these and if you would repurchase them. I have also been lucky enough to receive some money off codes from My Voucher Codes which i have posted below so feel free to use them:

20% off when you spend £75 or 12% off on any order at BeautyExpert.com
£10 off orders of £20 or 25% off first orders at The Body Shop
10% off on orders of £100 at Boots


Have you checked out my latest post featuring 
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |  
SHARE:

2 comments

Blogger templates by pipdig