Monday 4 August 2014

First Impressions | Makeup Revolution

Makeup Revolution
First Impressions: Makeup Revolution

Makeup Revolution Eyeliner

Eyeliner

Makeup Revolution Concealer

Salvation Palette

Makeup Revolution Salvation

Salvation Palette Swatches

Salvation Palette Swatches

Salvation Palette Swatches

Hi guys,

I don’t know if you have heard of Makeup Revolution but out here in the bloggersphere, they are making some serious waves. Think of them as a one stop dupe shop for all your favourite brands. Honestly, when I look at their products I see exact dupes for all Naked Palettes, Two Faced Palettes and Lorac Palettes which are very different on the old price scale. But, for me, I just wanted to try some of their offerings to the beauty world and give my two cents. These are only my first impressions, but usually they stick don’t they.

This first thing I bought was the Nail Polish in the shade My Baby (£1) and I have to say, I wasn't overly impressed with this little guy. The colour is stunning, I can’t deny that but I wanted to see how it transferred and I was disappointed. Firstly, I had to apply 3 coats before it looked like the colour in the bottle and then it took, and I am not joking when I say this, but it took about 6 DAYS to fully dry. While I was waiting for it to dry, I was trying to be very careful but it was bloody impossible and it ended up looking like a hot mess on my nails. I had to remove after waiting for it to dry as it was disgusting. 3/5 colour in bottle. 0/5 application. 0/5 drying time 0/5 colour on nails.

The second thing I picked up was the Lipgloss Eye to Eye (£1) and this was ok. It's a beautiful pink shade which looks clear with a subtle hint of pink once applied. This went on nicely but it was very thick. It wasn’t drying on the lips but as with any gloss it came off easily. 4/5 ease of use. 4/5 colour.

I also picked up the Amazing Eyeliner in Black (£1.50) which was nice. The colour payoff is amazing, it’s very black as you can see from the above swatch, which was done in one swoop. This glides on the eyes beautifully but starts to fade throughout the day. I don’t really like an eyeliner to disappear as I can’t really be annoyed applying more than once as the first time is enough hassle for one day thank you very much! 4/5 pigmentation. 2/5 staying power. 3/5 ease of use.

I ran out of concealer and wanted to try the Focus and Fix Concealer (£2) as it had good reviews online. I soon found those reviews to be redundant as this is the worst product I have tried, ever! I hate saying bad things about products but I didn’t like this at all. It felt like silicone and it did not apply well or cover anything. I tried using different tools including fingers, brushes, sponges etc. but this was not working at all. Hated it! 0/5 for the whole product, there is no saving grace.

The last thing I picked up was the Salvation Palette Girls on Film (£6) as I heard rumblings of this being a fantastic palette. They weren’t lying. Look at those swatches, they are beautiful. The quality of the eyeshadows are amazing for the price you are paying. There are 18 shades in total, 12 shimmer and 6 matte. I recently wore this on a night out and it stayed put. Obviously I had a primer on and setting spray, but sometimes that doesn’t matter ha-ha. 5/5 pigmentation. 5/5 staying power. 4/5 colour selection. 4/5 blending ability.

I would only purchase the eyeshadow palette again if I am being honest. It was the only good thing in this bundle. It wouldn’t stop me buying anything else from this brand but I will be staying away from all of these products in the future apart from the eyeliner and eyeshadow.

Have you tried Makeup Revolution?
What products have you tried?
Did you love or loathe?
Let me know in the comments below guys.

 Have you checked out my latest post featuring Blair Drummond Safari Park?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. considering the cheap price these seem like good products! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/08/mid-summer-round-up.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah some of them are great! I will be picking up more stuff today xx

      Delete
  2. The lip gloss and the eyeshadow palette are so pretty! Really wanna try some stuff from them. X

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i would recommend the eyeshadow palettes 100% xx

      Delete
  3. Love Makeup Revolution and have a few of their items but I love their liquid blushes the best and the Iconic 3 is worth a buy :)

    Pam @ Pamsstuffandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, i might have to try them next :) thanks for the recommendations xx

      Delete
  4. You picked up some products! I like their blush palettes, they have some gorgeous shades!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I really want to try the blush palettes next and another eyeshadow one. I just wanted to buy a mix of products to see what they were like xx

      Delete
  5. I have just bought some online and only received my order the other day. So far I have only used the foundation - which a love and the highlighter which i'm still not sure of.

    Hayley \\ http://allshewrotewas.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whats the foundation like? Whats its called? Xx

      Delete
    2. now your asking. haha its a matte one. i really like it so far, but i've only been using it for two days.

      Delete
    3. Haha! Im gonna have a wee look tonight to see if i can pick it up. Thanks for the recommendation xx

      Delete
    4. your welcome. hopefully i'll get a review up soon :)

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig