Wednesday 13 August 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick


Frambourjoise


Velvet Lipstick



Bourjois


Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick


Hi guys,

You know I am a sucker when it comes to Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup, she gives the most honest reviews and makes me want to buy everything. So when she raved about the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick (£7.99) I had to give it a go. The girl is an enabler, that’s all I’m saying.

As per usual, I went into Boots for a lipstick and came out with the 1 Seconde Nail Polish in Sunny Sunday (£7.99), Clubbing Eyeliner in Purple Night (£4.99) and this lipstick in the shade Frambourjoise along with a free pair of sunglasses. Liam was with me when and actually picked this colour for me as he thought it suited me best so you know, i had to go with my man’s opinion!

I like this little guy, I’m not going to lie. I love the colour and the fact that it doesn’t have any sort of scent to it. As per the instructions on the tube, you are supposed to apply first with your fingers, smooth it out and then apply a second coat to lock it in place. I obviously didn’t do that, I just went straight in with the applicator and applied 2 coats. It takes a couple of minutes to dry to a beautiful matte finish. I liked the overall finish of it but wasn’t expecting much from it to be honest.

I wore this out when Liam and I went for a spot of lunch. Me being me, had a burger and chips along with some water. When I went to the bathroom to wash my hands, I caught a glimpse of my lips in the mirror and was shocked that the lipstick was still there, it had faded just a tad but it was still there. I mean I had my mouth wrapped round a burger and was drinking water from a pint glass and it was still there. Seriously impressed. It lasted for a further 4 hours (i timed it) before it started to fade into a horrible washed out colour but that’s fine, nothing lasts forever eh?

When i tried to remove later on at night, it actually took 3 different cotton pads and make up remover to completely remove before my cleansing stage. All in all, a perfect lipstick for a lipstick lover like myself. I was super impressed with the matte finish, the pigmented colour and the staying power. I will almost definitely be purchasing more in this range very soon.

Have you tried this out?
What did you think?
Let me know in the comments if you have found any other gems?


  Have you checked out my latest post featuring My Concert Tag?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I really need to get my hands on some of these - the lasting power seems so impressive! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing! The colours are beautiful too and i know they have a new nude shade so im keen to get my hands on them xx

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely :) I am a big fan of a matte finish and long lasting lippies - will have to add this to the try out list! xx

    Brenda | www.brendabusybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, i just love the lasting finish with mattes xx

      Delete
  3. I was tempted to get the new shade, #7, I think, but when I tested it in store, I really didn't like the smell. Such a shame, as the staying power seems so good. :(

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a shame, i didnt really notice a scent tbh maybe it was a bad apple? i really want to try the new shade, might head into boots next week and see if they have any nice smelling ones haha xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig