Saturday 13 September 2014

Products I Have Been Disappointed With

Products I Have Been Disappointed With

The Bathory



Hi guys,

As I always bang on about my favourites all the time, I thought it was only right that I should discuss some of the products I have been most disappointed with. These are products I have tried over the last year or so and I have been unable to work with. I have to say though, just because something doesn’t work on me, doesn’t mean it won’t work on you. I also don’t have an issue with any of the brands mentioned, I really like other products in their line but these have not suited me at all.

1. Makeup Rumours eyeliner (pencil) - This is just too hard to be used on the eyes and far too dark to be used on my eyebrows as the product suggests. It’s very waxy and doesn’t give off enough colour in my books.

2. Makeup Rumours Glitter Wheel - This is far too creamy and creases all over my eyelids. I think this would be great to use on a child who has some dance competitions and likes a bit of glitter on their cherub faces but it’s not for me.

3. Rimmel Argan Oil Mascara (£7.99) - I honestly don’t get the hype with this product. It didn’t do anything to my eyelashes at all. I tried to apply more coats but my lashes didn’t move and they certainly didn’t look as though they had mascara on. No length, no volume, no nourishment and no colour payoff. It also started to flake off during the day which is a massive no from me.

4. Dior Hydra Life Tinted Moisturiser (£45) - I bought this at the start of the year and have really tried to give it a chance as it’s an expensive product. I didn’t want to just give it away or throw it out without really trying it but I just can’t deal. I think this would probably suit normal/dry skin as it just melted off my face in the space of 2 hours and that’s with a powder over the top and a setting spray! There are only 2 colours in the line as well which is off putting so I will be passing this onto my sister who has dry skin and I will let you know how she gets on. A massive thumbs down from me though.

5. Makeup Revolution Liquid Eyeliner (£1.50) - Don’t get me wrong I love the colour pay off with this but I’m sorry the nib in which you apply the product is unbearable to work with. It’s too hard and constantly jags my eye every time I have tried to apply this. When I finally got it on using the provided nib it looked an absolute mess! I then tried to use it with an angled brush which did help with the application process but the product itself didn’t last on my eyes. Hated it.

6. Makeup Revolution Liquid Concealer (£2) - I just can’t wrap my head round this one to be honest. There was no redeeming qualities about it, it was just bad. It felt like a silicone type product that didn’t blend out, didn’t over anything and didn’t work on my skin at all. A waste of a product in my opinion.  

7. Clinique All Over Face Powder (£26) - My mum bought this for me when she was in America in May but she picked up one of the darker shades which doesn’t suit my fair complexion at all so I decided to use it as a contour/bronzer. First of all, I know it’s an all over powder so I can’t really base my review on that but I thought I would use it as a bronzer but that was a mistake. It’s not the easiest to blend and it doesn’t last on me at all. I think I got an hours wear out of it before it started to disappear from my contour points. I don’t think an hours wear for this product is enough in my opinion. Does that mean I have to reapply my face powder every hour too?! I don’t want to waste my money or time on something like that so this gets a big old thumbs down.

8. The Bathory Detox Bath Salts - I really wanted to love this brand as I loved the concept behind it, I have a full review (click "The Bathory" above) if you want to find out a little more about them. This wasn’t what I was expecting at all, I was hugely disappointed in the product and the price, especially the delivery for each product. Wouldn’t purchase again.

I have gone in with detail for most of them, I felt it was needed but if you disagree please leave a comment below telling me how you got on with these products. I just couldn’t love them at all.

What are your disappointing products?
Have you tried any of mine and absolutely loved them?

  Have you checked out my latest post featuring The Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. The only one I've tried out of the list is the Rimmel mascara and for me it's a hit, I love it. It sucks that it didn't work for you though x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, i really wanted to love it but it just didnt do anything for me at all :( xx

      Delete
  2. I find these posts really interesting because what doesn't work with one person could quite easily work with another. I haven't tried any of these personally but if I do in future I am always extra cautious as I know there is the potential to be disappointed xx

    Brenda | www.brendabusybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it just depends on your skin and preference with products. I hate being negative towards something but in this case none of them worked for me which was a shame. As i said i have tried other products from their lines and love them but these were a no no xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig