Thursday 25 September 2014

The Perfect Autumn Lipsticks

The Perfect Autumn Lipsticks
Bottom to Top - Limecrime Poisonberry, Tom Ford Wet Violet Lipgloss, Apocolips Lip Velvet Burning Lava, Elizabeth Arden in Ruby Rose, Mac Rebel, Elizabeth Arden Brick and Mac Riri Woo.
Autumn Lipsticks
Top to Bottom - Mac Riri Woo, Elizabeth Arden Brick, Mac Rebel, Elizabeth Arden Ruby Rose, Apocalips in Burning Lava, Tom Ford in Wet Violet & Limecrime in Poisonberry.
Lipstick Swatches
Right to Left - Mac Riri Woo, Elizabeth Arden Brick, Mac Rebel, Elizabeth Arden Ruby Rose, Apocalips in Burning Lava, Tom Ford in Wet Violet & Limecrime in Poisonberry.
Autumn Lipsticks


Lipsticks


Tom Ford



Hi guys

Now that autumn is finally here and I have put all of these lipsticks front and centre so it’s easier for me to grab one of the darker shades in my collection. Autumn is obviously my favourite time of the year. I love the smell in the air, I love fireworks, I love hot baths with warmer scents, I love Halloween and candy apples, and I love the colours of leaves and chunky knitwear. But most of all I love that it is perfectly acceptable to drink hot chocolate every day as of now ha-ha.

This post is about lipsticks though so I am gonna dive straight in.

1. Mac Riri Woo (£15.50) – I love colour of this. It is obviously a repackaged version of the popular Ruby Woo but I find this is an extreme matte. I do love this lipstick but if you don’t like matte lipsticks then you won’t like this as it is very stiff when applying. I am used to it now and find it is the perfect lipstick. I normally apply a lip liner first to give a sharp edge and then apply Riri Woo to fill in my lips. I have linked Ruby Woo for you as this is limited edition and has sold out.

2. Limecrime Poisonberry – I think this is my favourite lipstick. It is the most gorgeous purple shade I have come across and is something I will repurchase over and over until they stop selling them. This gives an opaque finish so it isn’t matte. It isn’t drying on the lips at all but I still apply a lip balm underneath as I have gotten used to that step. This tends to bleed a little so make sure to line your lips with a deep purple shade.

3. Apocalips Matte Lip Velvet in Burning Lava (£6.49) – This is a mousse like product. It’s supposed to be a matte finish but it isn’t as intense as a full blown matte meaning it doesn’t dry out your lips too much. It is a gorgeous deep red shade that is perfect for this time of year. Again, use a lip liner and then apply for a sharper edge.

4. Elizabeth Arden in Brick (£21) – This is a brownish red. This has a creamy finish which is perfect for those who don’t want a matte finish. I like this when I want a sheen finish to my lips. I don’t wear lip-glosses but this is perfect for creating a nice shine without the stickiness of a gloss. Obviously it rubs off during the day but pop it in your bag if you are going out and apply throughout the day.

5. Elizabeth Arden in Ruby Rose (£21) – I love this colour. Sometimes you don’t want to wear dark lips and I have reached for this on those days to give my lips a hint of colour.

6. Tom Ford Ultra Shine Gloss in Wet Violet (£33) - I have a full review which you can find here but this is the perfect shade for autumn/winter. As I said, I don’t like to wear glosses but I will make an exception for this as it’s far too good.

7. Mac in Rebel (£15) – I buy this over and over as it’s the most beautiful berry shade. It isn’t too intense. If you want to venture out into darker shades, I would line my lips and pop this on. Use your finger to wash it out a little if you don’t like it too dark and then apply a clear gloss over the top to further dilute it. If, like me, you are a dark lip lover then apply and let those lips do the talking. This is also a matte finish.

What is your favourite shade for autumn?

   Have you checked out my latest post featuring My Liebster Award?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. What a beautiful collection of autumnal lipsticks! I've started this year really embracing the berry lip trend and really like it! x
    http://mummysbeautycorner.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours! I wish I felt more comfortable wearing dark lips. But there's only one redish / berry I wear from Mac. Need to try and push myself out of my comfort zone. :)

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try one around the house and see how it looks, thats what i done until i felt comfortable enough to leave the house ha! xx

      Delete
  3. Some lovely choices there, I need to embrace the berry lip this season, so that has given me some idea's of what to add to my collection :)

    Pam @ pamsstuffandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous selection of autumn colours! :) Need a Tom Ford lippy in my life.... xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do, the lip-glosses are to die for but i really want a lipstick from his collection aswel :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love this selection - I've never looked at Elizabeth Arden products before really, but I love that classic packaging! I'm hoping to be a bit bolder with my lips this season, I might start out with some of the deep reds before going for those purples, although they are gorgeous! I'd love to see a complete look of how you'd style 'Rebel' :)
    Francine from The Graduate Goddess xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi huni, i dont know what happened but ive only just seen this comment! You must have thought i was so rude by replying to everyone else and not you! Im sorry petal... With regards to MAac Rebel, i normally go for a really nude eye with a peachy blush and then whack this on my lips. If i wear a bold lip i like to keep my eyes simple xx

      Delete
  6. Actually love all these shades, especially MAC Rebel and Tom Ford in Wet Violet, so gorgeous! Wish I could be confident enough to wear something like the Limecrime lipstick x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Limecrime is actually similar to rebel, it looks darker in the tub but its not so different on the lips, you could defo pull it off :) xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig