Saturday 6 September 2014

Lip Monthly | New Subscription Service

Lip Monthly | New Subscription Service

Lip Monthly Pixi by Petra

Lip Monthly Lip Glass

Lip Monthly Be Matte

Lip Monthly Lip Balm

Lip Monthly Magic Balm

Lip Monthly | New Subscription Service

Lip Monthly Swatches

Lip Monthly | New Subscription Service



Hi guys,

I love lipsticks, I really do, it’s like an obsession and I need to buy as many as I can so when I heard about a monthly subscription service that only dealt with lipsticks, I knew I had to try it out.

Lip Monthly offer pretty much the same deal as everyone else, $10 for a monthly subscription and the package is delivered straight to your door with 4 – 6 full sized products. I don’t really like subscription services as I have tried them in the past and I feel they offer some great products to start off with and then the hype dies down and they feel they don’t have to send good samples anymore. It’s a bit of a rip off in my opinion. But I was happy to try this out and see how it fared to other brands.

I placed my order on the 17th of July for $6.99 as they had a special offer on. I wasn’t charged delivery fees on this box either which was a bonus considering it was coming from America. I wasn’t charged custom fees either. It did take over a month for it to arrive with it finally coming through my letterbox on the 28th August. Obviously it is international post but I was expecting it a little quicker than that.

When my parcel finally arrived I was so excited, the packaging was very cute, and I loved the blue bag which is very handy as a makeup pouch. In total I got 4 lip products which included 2 balms, a lip glass and a matte lipstick. I was also surprised to see a Pixi by Petra Eyeshadow as I wasn’t expecting anything of this calibre for $6.99. All products came to a grand total of $34 which was impressive.

The City Color Magic Lip Balm, Lip Balm and Matte Lipstick were very pigmented, I wasn’t expecting that at all. Obviously the balms don’t last too well on the lips but I was impressed with the lipstick. The Lip Glass in Idyllic is a very nude pink but goes on clear, it is very dainty so I will be using this on nights out when I need a little touch up as it’s not too sticky and gives a nice sheen to the lips. I haven't tried the eye shadow pencil yet but when I do I will give you a full review. All in all, the products seemed a little cheap, obviously they are but do you know that taste you get from lip products if they have sat open for a while, well that’s what these are like. I do like the lip glass and the matte lipstick but I wouldn’t buy the lip balms at all.

If you want to give it a go Lip Monthly are offering all first time orders at $2.99 with the code "1ST299" with a 4 month subscription.

Subscription Options:
All active subscriptions are auto-renewable like a magazine, rebilling on the same day that you initially subscribed on each month. This includes Monthly, 4-Month (Every 4 Months) & 8-Month (Every 8 Months) Subscriptions.

Shipping Information from Lip Monthly:
Your subscription will typically ship from the warehouse in Chicago, Illinois on the 10th of every month. All orders are shipped out at the same time in a given month. Please be aware that delays DO happen and the company will e-mail you about any delays or post updates on our “Lip Monthly Updates” section on the Contact Us page.

Shipping Time:
If you live in the US, you will be e-mailed a USPS tracking number and it will take roughly 2-4 days to ship through Priority Mail. If you are in Canada, you will receive your box about 5-7 days after your neighbours to the south. Similarly, International subscribers may receive their box about 7-10 days after US subscribers.

Have you tried Lip Monthly yet?
Have you tried any of the products mentioned?

What are your thoughts?


Have you checked out my latest post featuring Some New Bathsalts?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |


SHARE:

20 comments

  1. OMG I need this in my life! :) xx

    Brenda | www.brendabusybee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! I am such a lip product junkie that this is right up my street! Thanks for sharing :) I haven't tried any of these products, but this seems a great way to branch out and discover smaller brands.
    nlmorgan, lifestyle & beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither had i before this as its obviously American products but im glad i did xx

      Delete
  3. How cool! I'm obsessed with lipsticks so this looks really interesting!! X

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the fact i got the pixi eyeshadow stick aswel, i was only expecting lip products xx

      Delete
  4. Lip products are my favourite too, what a fabulous idea! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours! I'm yet to sign up for one of these subscriptions/beauty boxes but this looks good! Great post : )) x CaledonianKitty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely idea, I think I'd like to join something like this.
    I like the Be Matt lipstick


    HolleyMarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Be Matte lipstick is beautiful, the colour pay off is amazing xx

      Delete
  7. This is such a cool idea for a monthly beauty box/bag, at least you now that they're all going to be lip products (rather than a mix match of things you might not like or use) x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah thats what i liked most about it, ive only ever had Glossybox before and was disappointed by some of the products but that is the risk you are taking i suppose :) xx

      Delete
  8. I've never joined a monthly subscription but I may have to after reading this post ha ha. Those lip products for that price is to good to pass up! especially with my love of lip products ha ha

    http://rachelbrennanlife.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Its such good value and the products are really nice xx

      Delete
  9. Oh my, that sounds amazing! I may have to try this next month, and the month after that, and the month after that!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that's such good value! And you got some amazing products, especially the Pixi stick!

    Lagerfeld Love

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig