Friday 26 September 2014

My Workout Routine

My Workout Routine - Beauty Talk With Lauren


Hi guys,

As you know I have been eagerly trying to lose weight and have surprised myself by going to the gym almost every day for the past 4 weeks. What’s even more surprising is the fact I have loved it. I know the gym isn't for everyone and it certainly wasn't for me but I woke up one day after a kick up the arse and decided to get a membership and get myself down to the gym every day.

As I am a student, I get my membership for £21 which allows me into the gym, pool, all classes, weight room and any other activities in other gyms within South Lanarkshire. I find it great value for money as it has cost less than £1 per day so far.

I have been an eager beaver over the past few weeks and have been going 6 times a week. I have incorporated different things into my routine so I will list them below for anyone who is interested.


1. Gym and Weights:

Blantyre Gym

I have been hitting the gym 5 times per week. On these days I have been focusing on cardio by doing 30 minutes on the bike. I like to warm up on the cross trainer or by walking on the treadmill as I couldn’t cope with 30 minutes of these. I wouldn’t dare do anything on the rower as I hate it! I don’t care how good it is for you, I’m not touching it. I then alternate my weight days too by focusing on arms and shoulders one day, legs another and then back on another so I get it all in and work my whole body.


2. Swimming:

Blantyre Swimming Pool

I go swimming 3 times per week. Trying to find a time where it isn’t busy proves very difficult as I have gone at 7.30am, 11.30am, 2,30pm, 4.30pm or 7pm and it is mobbed each time. I have asked the receptionist when is best to go and she tells me that the pool is always busy. It’s annoying as I wish they had more pools. At the moment they have a baby pool and swimming pool which is used for everything including classes, lessons, swimmers, pro swimmer and then kids wanting to have fun so it would be great if they could invest in another pool which is purely for people who want to stroll up and down and for kids to play in rather than all of us trying to find space to get a workout in.

Anyway, enough of my ranting. I do love the swimming after a class as I feel it soothes my aching muscles which prevents me from being sore the following day. I normally do 20 lengths in 30 minutes or 40 lengths in an hour. This is great for toning up as it gives your body a full workout plus its enjoyable, who doesn't love swimming.


3. Classes:
Body Pump Class
All pictures were sourced through Google Images.
I only go to one class per week as I’m still building myself up, I might add another one in sometime soon but I’ll see how it goes. The class I’m currently enjoying is Body Pump which is all free weights with squats, lunges etc. This is a toughie and my first week was almost unbearable for a few days after because my bones and muscles felt as though they were going to fall off but I powered through and continued with swimming for 2 days afterwards to ease me back into the gym again. I have since been to another Body Pump class and haven’t felt anywhere near as bad as I did the first time.

I have completely changed the way in which I am losing weight this time as I haven’t bothered weighing myself nor have I been taking pictures on a weekly basis but I have taken one at the start and I will take one every month to see the progress in picture form rather than weigh ins. I have also stopped eating after 7pm, I never noticed this at all until I was speaking with Liam (my boyfriend) and he mentioned that I stopped having a slice of toast before bed and I wasn’t eating any naughty snacks either so obviously this has been helping. No silly diets, just sensible eating is the way forward for me I think as I don't constantly think about my next meal. I have been sticking to my water drinking habits so I normally have 2 to 3 litres per day.

I hope this works for me and if so I will keep you posted with my progress if you are interested.

Have you been trying to lose weight?
Have you been successful?

What are you doing?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring My Autumn Lipstick Choices?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Wow - such a good price for unlimited access to the gym! Good on you for being consistent and going regularly. Wish i could be as disciplined! Looking forward to seeing how you get on :) x

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its only a new thing lol, i never used to go so cancelled my membership but i think its cause im getting older and want to finally get fit xx

      Delete
  2. I am too trying to loose weight so have been a member of a gym for over a year now. I do spinning on a Monday evening, Swimming Tuesday & Thursday morning and gym on a Wednesday morning.
    I love spinning and I am thinking of doing more classes.
    If they do it at your gym you might want to give it a go :)

    Pam @ pamsstuffandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they do spinning, i tried once and swore i would never do it again, i felt like John Wayne for a week haha... well done, you seem to be on the right track! What have you lost so far? xx

      Delete
  3. I love doing classes. Really miss going to the gym. £21 a month is great. Unfortunately here in London memberships cost at least £45 a month. :(

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah thats how much they are here aswel but ive got a student discount thank God! xx

      Delete
  4. Good on you working so hard to get fit! I just started a gym membership yesterday so will be making my first trip to the gym today. Kinda nervous! Any tips on working out for newbies?

    http://www.thebeautycheer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck!
      I would take it easy and sample the machines. I stuck to cardio for the first couple of days all at lower levels. Try 5 - 10 minutes on each one at low levels an see how you get on xx

      Delete
  5. Hey Lauren! What is your goal to be "fit"? Everyone seems to have a different definition for that!

    I may have some good tips for you! Just started up my blog, but fitness tips will be up soon!

    I'm pretty fit myself 5-6 day a week kind of girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lovely, my goal is to be slimmer but also stronger. I have already upped my weights on the machines which has been a great boost but overall i want to lose weight.
      I will head over to your blog and have a check :) xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig