Monday 5 January 2015

Giorgio Armani | Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk

Hello guys,  

I forever rave about the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (£35.50) but I have never written a review. That’s all about to change as of today. That’s right, you’re getting my thoughts on what can only be described as the best high end foundation I have ever had the pleasure of using. I included this in my 2014 Favourites with good reason. To think I have the audacity to call myself a beauty blogger!

I have been buying this in the shade 02 Ivory which is a tad too light but once I bronze up my skin it looks excellent. The formula is lightweight and pretty runny (see below swatch) which makes it pretty easy to move about your face. I don’t really like thick foundations as I feel like they pull at my skin and this doesn’t do that. It is a medium coverage which can be built up and it covers my scars, dark circles and blemishes just fine. I still have to use a concealer to make sure my base is immaculate but in all honesty, if I only put concealer on my dark circles, my base would still look perfect. 

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Swatches


This foundation is really easy to work with, it moves easily and once it’s on, it’s staying on. I apply by cleansing my face and applying all my skincare products before covering my face with the Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer (£29). I really work this into my skin so I know my foundation won’t slip about throughout the day. I then pop two pumps of the foundation on the back of my hand and blend with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush (£20.99 part of the Core Collection). I take my time to blend this into my skin so it looks perfect. Once I apply my concealer, I set everything with the Rimmel Stay Matte (£3.99), apply the rest of my makeup and then set it all in place with my trusty Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Free Setting Spray (£20). I find this is the best method for my combination skin but even on days where I forget to prime and use a setting spray, it still lasts very well.  

When I wear this, I get so many compliments on my skin looking clear and healthy. Something I love ha-ha. I don’t have bad skin anyway, apart from the occasional hormonal acne attack along my jawline or blemish on my chin but more often than not, it’s just little scars that I complain about.

Have you tried this foundation?
What were your thoughts on it?

What other high end foundations should I be trying out?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring The Jantastic Challenge?

I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |     
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I need to get a sample of this and try it out. Sounds like something I might love and who knows maybe it will finally be the HG for me x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, i hope you get a sample and i really hope you like it xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try it! I've always thought that is more suited to dry skin but if you're happy with it and your skin is oily than I need to get a sample ASAP :) x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my skin is super oily and it works well on me. Grab a sample and see how you get on xx

      Delete
  3. I recently bought this and absolutely love it!!! I agree with it being super easy to work with- I use it with the RT buffing brush too and it only takes a few seconds to buff it all in! xx

    Pillarbox Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, its such a good foundation for creating a flawless look xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like the perfect foundation! :)
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not tried this foundation before but it sounds really nice (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting blog, looking forward to more wonderful! giorgio armani watches

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig