Thursday 1 January 2015

Fitness | The Jantastic Challenge

Jantastic

Hi guys,

Happy New Year! This is my first post so I hope you all had an amazing New Year and I wish you all the absolute best in 2015.

I was going to have a quiet night in with a nice bottle of red wine and the normal New Year’s TV but my mum knocked off work early, came and picked me up and then my mum, sister and I brought in the bells together. It was a lovely night in the end, I didn’t drink a lot and I woke up hangover free so I decided to write this post. Since its January and the gym memberships will be in full swing as of today, I thought I would begin the year as I mean to go on and talk health and fitness.

I found out about Jantastic through twitter and it sounded like such a good idea so I signed up and look forward to it starting on the 5th January. As you know, I have been gymming it up six times a week since August but had to stop due to an injured knee. Now I am back to full health and I am ready to kick this challenges arse.

The aim of the game is to get you started, keep you going and improve your health, fitness and performance. You start off by creating goals for yourself and carry out 30 minutes of either walking/jogging/running, cycling or swimming however many times a week suits you. You also have the opportunity to join groups to keep you motivated. I think this is such a good idea as it spurs you on when you see everyone else’s results. I didn’t think I was competitive but I like to try and better myself and I think this is the best way to keep track of your progress.  

My personal goal is to continue with my six days per week where I will carry out 3 different activities per week. I love swimming and cycling but I really need to try running as it is a great workout for the whole body. I may try walking first though as I don’t want to injure my knee again.


You can sign up here if you think this is something you want to do. If you like a challenge and need some motivation, then this is for you. I have created a group called Bloggers Get Fit if you want to join me.

Have you checked out my latest post featuring My New Year's Tag?

I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |     
SHARE:

2 comments

Blogger templates by pipdig