Monday 26 January 2015

Lets Talk Brows, Shall We?

Brows - Beauty Talk With Lauren


Hi guys,

Brows have been a major talking point for the last couple of years and I am no stranger to trying out the numerous brow products out there at the moment. Anastasia Beverly Hills has really took the beauty world by storm with her Brow Wiz (£16) and Dipbrow Pomade (£15). I have yet to try the brow wiz but I wasn’t overly impressed with the Dipbrow Pomade as it felt it dispersed too much product and made my brows look a little worse for wear. 



Urban Decay Naked 2

Brow Products

This post isn’t about ABH but rather about how I fill my brows and keep them looking perfect all day. The first thing I do is remove any stray hairs with my tweezers. I normally have my brows threaded and that keeps them in check for about three weeks but I normally have one or two hairs come back so I pluck them out. I then take the pencil side of my Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil (£10) and put a firm line along the bottom of my brows. I blend this upwards using a spoolie so diffuse the product and to take away the harsh line while keeping the underneath look crisp. This is a great dupe for the ABH Brow Wiz if you can’t justify spending £15 on a brow product. I then take the shade tease from my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (£37). This looks very light but it does on a lot darker and helps to fill in the middle of my brows without looking harsh. I then take my spoolie again and diffuse the product. I don’t like my brows to be too dark, even though I have dark hair, I stick to the rule of going two shades lighter than my hair colour. If my arch looks a little meh, I go back in with the S & G pencil and carve that out and then blend it downwards. To set everything in place I run the Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel in Light Brown (£3.89) through them and hey presto I have perfect brows.

If I am going on a night out, I will run some concealer round my eyebrows to carve out the shape a little more and to make them look cleaner. I then add a little highlighter on the brow bone to make my eyes stand out. I normally use Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Highlighter (£24) or Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle (£23) and that's them finished! I am pretty happy with my brows at the moment but I am sure I will find another perfect way when I get bored ha!

Brow Products

If you wanted to try out any other products I would suggest Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil (£2.99) which has a little comb on it to comb out the product or the Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift (£22.50) which also has a comb and an angled edge to really get in there and sculpt out the perfect brow. I also love the Rimmel Brow This Way Styling Gel (£3.99) in Mid Brown to keep my brows in place. This disperses a good amount of colour on the brow and I find this is great when I am in a rush.


What products are you using at the moment?
Do you have any recommendations?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring Another Naughty Haul?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |   

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. It took me a while to get used to the Anastasia DipBrow and even now it's not a product that I can use in a hurry, as I have to take my time and apply it using light strokes to get the natural effect I want from it. I've been loving Benefit Gimme Brow recently, the brush is so tiny so it's perfect for getting a quick, natural brow x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of people say this so i will give it a whirl as i do love a small brush and mines is really big! xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a great brow routine that works well for you Lauren :) I recently bought the Illamasqua brow gel which i haven't got round to using yet but hopefully it's a goody! :) x

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to let me know how you get on with that Brenda, would love to hear your thoughts xx

      Delete
  3. I've been dying to try Anastasia Dip Brow for ages now and now I'm a little unsure... I think using an eyeshadow 2 shades darker and a flat head brush works perfectly for me at the moment, that and getting them professionally threaded and tinted. x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, i get mine waxed or threaded depending on how im feeling but i like this routine i have at the moment. You can totally pull off darker brows though, i look like something out of the living dead when i do it haha xx

      Delete
  4. I found that MAC's brow pencil and a quick run through with my spoolie works perfectly for most days. I don't touch my brows really, save for an occasional trim until my monthly threading appointment. Pretty low-maintenance, but it looks like I really put in the effort!

    Tiff | AMtoPM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what you want, great brow that's low maintenance xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig