Tuesday 27 January 2015

Maybelline Color Elixir | Petal Plush

Maybelline Color Elixir Petal Plush

Maybelline Color Elixir


Maybelline Petal Plush Swatch




Hey guys,

I picked up this Maybelline Color Elixir (£6.99) in my recent haul and have been wearing it every day since. The colour I picked was Petal Plush which is a light pink colour, making it perfect for everyday use when I pair it with my Mac Honeylove Lipstick (£15)

Maybelline have promised a moisturising formula with the feel of a lip balm that gives a gorgeous sheen to the lips whilst keeping them nourished. I can wholeheartedly agree with this. The gloss itself feels like nothing I have tried before, it is so soft and velvety that it feels like a lip butter but it has great pigmentation and doesn't feel sticky on the lips when applied. The doe foot applicator wand is also a winner as it disperses the perfect amount of product. There is a certain smell from this elixir, I can’t say I’m mad about it, it smells horrible and chemical. It doesn’t put me off using the gloss but I could do without it to be honest. I will 100% be picking up more of these in the near future as the colour selection looks fab and  Boots have a Buy 1 get 1 half price offer so it would be rude not to.

Have you tried these Lip Elixirs?
What did you think of them?

Can you recommend something similar?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring My Brow Routine?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |   

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love these, the formula is great. I also have it in petal plush, however I'm not too sure that it suits me. I also have nude illusion which is a beautiful colour, so I definitely recommend that.

    -xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, thanks Sarah, i will pick it up and give it a go xx

      Delete
  2. I just realised a few days ago that I literally own one lipgloss so will definitely pick this up on my next Boots visit. It sounds great x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that sounds like a good excuse to me. Let me know what colours you get xx

      Delete
  3. Oh this color looks amazing! I have a feeling -- because you can't always tell for sure in picts-- that it has peach undertones. If so that's got to be the loveliest lip product I've seen in ages!!

    Xx
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its more pink than peach but it does have a slight peach undertone to it. Its beautiful :) xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig