Friday 10 April 2015

House Of Fraser | Beauty Confidential

House Of Fraser Beauty Confidential

Mikee Becman
The amazing Mikee Becman from Laura Mercier working his magic
on Gemma by giving her Kylie Jenner lips.

Laura Mercier Bath
Laura Mercier Bath
House of Fraser Beauty
House of Fraser Beauty

Dior Stand
Dior Stand

Giorgio Armani
Giorgio Armani
Tom Ford
Tom Ford
Laura Mercier
Laura Mercier
Chanel
Chanel

Tennents Training Academy
Tennents Training Academy

Beauty Confidential


House of Fraser
House of Fraser Gifts

Laura Mercier Products

Beauty


Beauty Products


Marc Jacobs


Makeup Look
On my way to the event. Wearing an M&S Top and New Look Necklace.



Hello guys,

I`ve had quite an easy week as college is finished for a few weeks due to the Easter holidays so I have caught up with my blogging to do list and I’ve also attended my first ever blogger event! I was lucky enough to receive an invite from the lovely Paul over at House of Fraser to attend the Beauty Confidential event on Wednesday night. This was a showcase of all of the amazing brands within HOF including Laura Mercier, Chanel, Giorgio Armani, Tom Ford, Nars, Bobbi Brown and Urban Decay to name a few where we got to check out the SS15 collections.

I love the Glasgow HoF store, the decor is so decadent and extravagant especially with the grand staircases. I used to work in HoF before I met Liam and I always lusted over the beauty counters and enjoyed the many events they held for top celebrities but I adored the makeup counters the most, most of the girls were lovely but there were a few who I would never speak to as they were too up their own arse if you know what I mean.

I was a little nervous about attending as I haven’t met any other bloggers nor have I been to an event before, but I felt right at home by the girls and also the amazing staff at House of Frasers. Meeting fellow Scottish bloggers such as Gemma AgnesFolklorique, Dusty Pearle, A Life With Frills, The Brantastic Life, Secret Little Stars and Glasgow Beauty Blogger was such a great experience as it was so good talking to girls with the same interests and who also blog about beauty, fashion and lifestyle too. After meeting the girls and having a cheeky glass of champagne in Hugh`s Champagne Bar we then moved on to a chat with Mikee Becman who is a makeup artist with Laura Mercier, this was the highlight of my night as he gave us some great tips and tricks.

As well as filling our champagne glasses and feeding us too many chocolates, Mikee showed us how to achieve the "Kylie Jenner Lip" using the Laura Mercier Anti-Feathering Lip Pencil in Natural Lip (£18.50) and their Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Biscotti Lip Colour (£21). As this is a hot topic at the moment, it was quite good as it really helped me understand how to define my lips without overdrawing them. He then showed us how to achieve a finished eye look by using the Laura Mercier Brow Pencil (£17.50) to create a fuller looking brow without making it too dark and heavy. He also created fuller looking lashes by applying product to the upper lash line and a small coating of mascara. His final look of the night was a bright red lip using Laura Mercier Paint Wash Liquid Lip Colour in Red Brick (£22) which has a demi matte finish and also a little contour action which left Folklorique looking even more stunning.

Once we were finished, we headed down to the amazing Beauty Hall within HOF and it was wild! It was so busy. There were so many great things to look out for such as more champagne (I refrained) cocktails by the Tennents Training Academy (I only had one), kale shots with Nails Inc., cupcakes, demonstrations with Jamie Coombes who is an amazing makeup artist with Dior and a lot more. To say this was a major success is putting it lightly. Not only did we have a great time but everyone was given an amazing goodie bag with a lot of gorgeous products including a full sized Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream (from £39) and a Just Cavelli bag.

HoF are offering £10 off of their favourites buys with any other purchase and if you have a Beauty Recognition card, its double points! I remember all my customers going crazy when they knew it was double points so try and pick up one if you can as it helps towards pricier products.


There are many great products including the Urban Decay Naked Palettes (£37), Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks (£34), Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (£34) and a whole lot more. I ended up buying the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Concealer (£17.50) which is by far the best concealer I have tried in a loooong time! The Beauty Confidential event is running from now until Sunday 19th April so grab a friend, lover, mother, sister, anyone to go along and check out some of the best brands out there which are all situated under one roof. Also, check out the champagne bar on the 1st floor, it’s gorgeous!

Have you checked out my latest post featuring A DIY Sugar Scrub
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |   
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This looked like such an incredible event. I always feel a little uncomfortable when browsing makeup counters by myself etc so this seems like it was actually a really fun and lovely experience! Rebecca | Rebecca Marie: UK Lifestyle Blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get lost in the crowds when i go but it can be a little daunting. You should go along and have a fun day out with a friend or family member, it was really good xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig